Fixtures for 18/19 season

we play everyone twice,in which order doesn't really matter

In theory I'd prefer to have easier Prem matches around the CL match windows to help with squad rotation. It also minimizes the risk that if a key player goes down with injury he will miss a compressed series of more difficult fixtures. Having said that, maybe there's a momentum, confidence and camaraderie factor that helps the side through a tough stretch as well.

But mostly . . . I want home matches in and around the windows I know I can travel across the pond this season :)

Because of the world cup I think the season ends a little later than normal ? possibly Sunday the 19th May. I just want a home game on the final day so there is no second guessing when the trophy will be presented :D

Just hope this season the tv companies get there pic of games and ko times sorted on the dates agreed.

Agreed; little point in publishing release dates then not keeping to them. Especially for supporters travelling long distance with accommodation etc for matches, who need as long as possible ideally.

You would assume the TV companies know 90% of which 'live' games they want. They also know the available TV slots they bought in the auction, so why can't we all know fairly accurately now, whether the games are Sat, Sun, Mon or whenever?

I'd be interested to compare previous seasons fixtures as agreed pre season against how they are actually played because of sky, cups etc. I bet past the first match they are all over the place.

we play everyone twice,in which order doesn't really matter
Too simplistic a view.
We can do without banana skins like trips to newly promoted clubs very early in the season when their small squads are full strength, their energy levels are high and their support is at their most optimistic.
Playing top 6 teams in a cluster sandwiched around CL games is also a drag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.