Fixtures (merged)

Re: Home start!

Boff said:
"Manchester City will start the 2011/12 Premier League season at home to promoted Swansea City!"
Who'd have believed it!? :)

I don't believe it. We've got MANUre's fixtures - Swansea to start and QPR to finish, both at home! Can't be. An' I like the fixture on the 29th Oct - we are playing ourselves.

Re: Fixtures T-Minus 2 Hours

Pigeonho said:
Chippy_boy said:
K49112008 said:
Bolton, spuds and Fulham away in the first 5 games don't like that.

Agreed, plus 4 of the top 5 away before Christmas as well.
Which means we play them at home in the second half of the season. Bonus for us.

You can look at it either way can't you. So long as we aren't 10 points adrift by Christmas and playing catch up all season. Puts tremendous pressure on everyone if that happens. In general I would say it's better to have your easy games first, get a decent position or even a clear lead and get the media off your back.

Re: City Fixtures before Sky Alter - Sticky?

home to promoted Swansea
strange that - the conspiracy theorists had the scum down for that!
perhaps they were wrong all the time or is it agent Bernstein at work!

I was expecting something more like this.

Chelsea vs Man City
Liverpool vs Man City
Man Utd vs Man City
Spurs vs Man City
Arsenal vs Man City

Blown out of the water

Well for all you theorists,pessamists and moreso the "Football has a hidden agenda,against City" Brigade,what have you got to say now ?
The fixture list shows we are home both on the first day and closing day for next season.
I have never seen it written anywhere,that the PL Champions always have the opening day of the new season at home,but some of you thought and believed otherwise.
Its a conspiracy some of you shouted !!!
Paranoia ??
Can we now accept that its the luck of the draw ?
However I believe that with certain establishments there possibly is a hidden agenda.
And before some of you start to throw insults (yes I`m expecting it LOL)
I do not accept that the MEN has one,as I`ve supported them for the last 30+ years, buying their daily copies.
Amen.
Fookin tin hat time I suppose. lol

binns said:
home to promoted Swansea
strange that - the conspiracy theorists had the scum down for that!
perhaps they were wrong all the time or is it agent Bernstein at work!

Very surprised at that....very

Re: Fixtures T-Minus 2 Hours

Chippy_boy said:
Pigeonho said:
Chippy_boy said:
Agreed, plus 4 of the top 5 away before Christmas as well.
Which means we play them at home in the second half of the season. Bonus for us.

You can look at it either way can't you. So long as we aren't 10 points adrift by Christmas and playing catch up all season. Puts tremendous pressure on everyone if that happens. In general I would say it's better to have your easy games first, get a decent position or even a clear lead and get the media off your back.
But it all equals itself out, as then those who had 'easy' games would then have the harder ones whilst we have the 'easy' ones. Besides, all those 'top' teams you say we have to play before xmas, I don't think they will be relishing the prospect of us coming to their place. We have the Spurs hoodoo off our back now. No-one will want to play us, whether it be home or away, also it's up to us to make sure there isn't a gap, and the squad Mancini has, plus the inevitable additions should mean there are no excuses if we are and it will only be down to us. My prediction? I think we are going to terrorise teams and Silva will be our player of the season come May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.