flamini and gago????

Pigeonho said:
BigBadBlue said:
So finally you realise that "the judge him when it is his squad" is just a load of bullshit that Hughes have you believed?

Not being funny mate, but you joined the other day and wouldn't have seen how I defended Hughes, unless you changed your username and re-registered that is. Either way, I have said since Mancini took over that I can see the change was needed. The thing with me mate is I won't slate anything unless it is absolutely necessarry, (i.e. Robinho), and when I tried to stick up for Hughes I used to get the 'he should be able to work with what he has' retorts, which is fine, but the same should apply to Mancini too.

The fact is Hughes still spent 200 mil and was given 18 months. I don't think Mancini should be afforded with the same time and money but consider the injuries we have now, he should be at least given something like 50 mil to spend on players he like so that he can take us to top 4 in 6 months time. This is of course my personal opinion on what is fair, the situation now is like he is not given both time and money to do the job.

BigBadBlue said:
Pigeonho said:
Not being funny mate, but you joined the other day and wouldn't have seen how I defended Hughes, unless you changed your username and re-registered that is. Either way, I have said since Mancini took over that I can see the change was needed. The thing with me mate is I won't slate anything unless it is absolutely necessarry, (i.e. Robinho), and when I tried to stick up for Hughes I used to get the 'he should be able to work with what he has' retorts, which is fine, but the same should apply to Mancini too.

The fact is Hughes still spent 200 mil and was given 18 months. I don't think Mancini should be afforded with the same time and money but consider the injuries we have now, he should be at least given something like 50 mil to spend on players he like so that he can take us to top 4 in 6 months time. This is of course my personal opinion on what is fair, the situation now is like he is not given both time and money to do the job.

This isn't a comment on who's better, etc. But
1. Hughes needed to spend when he arrived as when he arrived our team was nowhere near top four material. fact.
2. Hughes had the first half of this season with this set of players. he's been judged by the heirarchy on this group of players and moved on. fact.
So if we've judged hughes on this set of players why not judge mancini on them too?
After all it seems we're at least allowing him to "tweak" the squad.
Any anyway, who's to say that money wouldn't be available if a serious player was attainable?

BigBadBlue said:
Any anyway, who's to say that money wouldn't be available if a serious player was attainable?

"Any anyway, who's to say that money wouldn't be available if a serious player was attainable?"

That's the crux of this whole matter - ADUG are saying that Mancini can get on with it but must prove himself if he is to be given keys to the safe. Until then he can go shopping only with players approved by the City hierarchy. No big money signings will be made unless it is a global star that ADUG want. At his introductory press conference ( the Mr Cook come slap a table with me time ) Mancini stated that it is not a problem for him to work with others when drawing up a player transfer list/strategy. It's the continental style and is most likely to be one of the reasons he was given the job.

Gago is a playmaker and he would either replace Barry or Ireland in the rotation...ive seen him played quite a few times and hes a good passer.

Blues in Gago link

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1189938_blues_in_gago_link" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... _gago_link</a>

How does passing a test involving no money make sense to gaining access to unlimited funds?

Barry/De Jong/Ireland/Vieria with Kompany/Zabaleta/Johnson

Our CM is our strongest, deepest area. Flamini and Gago aren't so much better than what we've already got to command a first team spot. How about another pacey, powerful striker? After Ade we're stumped... Tevez prefers a free-er, deeper role, RSC is eternally injured and Benjani defies the trade despcription act.

Other than that our squad is pretty much set bar some real world class signings. We have at least two players for every position, any more and we begin to upset the morale of the squad.

GStar said:
How does passing a test involving no money make sense to gaining access to unlimited funds?

You can't count Johnson mate simply based on the amount of times he's appeared for us in god knows how long. Kompany's been playing centre half and could well stay there, Zab can do a decent job if needed but I think Bob will prefer to have him as a right back.

I think another centre mid would be justified but any more probably wouldn't be necessary

Barry and Dejong are only genuine CM players, Ireland is an attacking midfield player, kompany is a CB who can play in midfield, zab is a fullback who can play in midfield, johnson is injured for the rest of the season.

What if we were to lose Dejong to injury, Barry is already injured apparently. In light of this I don't see any harm in bringing in players like Vieira, Flamini and Gago on frees or on loans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.