Florian Wirtz

Think Alonso will do 3 or 4 years at Real Madrid when he finishes at Leverkusen.

I suppose there are worse places to wait for Pep to hand over.

Nahh he is better at ours where he will get everything he wants with real backing and Pep will tell Alonso that! Now that's if Pep is leaving after this season I still hope he signs a new contract..

We will know by the November International break, if Pep's not re-signed by then he is off.

Maybe?! think if he is not staying it be flat batted a bit longer than November! When did Pelegríne say pep was becoming the manager? I swear it was January

Maybe?! think if he is not staying it be flat batted a bit longer than November! When did Pelegríne say pep was becoming the manager? I swear it was January
The next couple of International breaks, that will be the indication.

I fear he will do the club world cup in the summer then call it a day, our so far reluctance in the market maybe an indication of a change?

I fear he will do the club world cup in the summer then call it a day, our so far reluctance in the market maybe an indication of a change?

Yeah am getting that feeling too now! Few months back I'd definitely thought Pep would sign a new contract not now

When Alonso declined the red bin dippers, it may have been due to Khaldoon offering him the chance to come to City.

He matches the profile of a 'City' man.

Khaldoon and Tixxi will have been running psychometric profiling against him and one or two others.

They will know their man, and will wisely understand that somethings will be a little different in the future.

The only thing that's constant is change !!

Yeah am getting that feeling too now! Few months back I'd definitely thought Pep would sign a new contract not now

I just don't get this change in thought.

a) the window is not over yet
b) if the club thought/knew it was Pep's last season, we would be seeing more transfers, not less imo. Because they would want to back one last hurrah and
c) much easier to attract top players now with Pep than with a new manager.

I just don't link the lack of activity with Pep leaving.

He Might leave. Time will tell. Don't think a lack of activity points to that though, any more than it points to us being found guilty of systematic cheating over a decade. Any more than Alonso not moving to Liverpool suggests he knows Pep is leaving, that's as wild as anything.

Still think he will extend myself, never once wavered in that. But do believe no decision has been made one way or the other and it juat has to play itself out, as he and the club have both said.

I just don't get this change in thought.

a) the window is not over yet
b) if the club thought/knew it was Pep's last season, we would be seeing more transfers, not less imo. Because they would want to back one last hurrah and
c) much easier to attract top players now with Pep than with a new manager.

I just don't link the lack of activity with Pep leaving.

He Might leave. Time will tell. Don't think a lack of activity points to that though, any more than it points to us being found guilty of systematic cheating over a decade. Any more than Alonso not moving to Liverpool suggests he knows Pep is leaving, that's as wild as anything.

Still think he will extend myself, never once wavered in that. But do believe no decision has been made one way or the other and it juat has to play itself out, as he and the club have both said.

Think I'd be more inclined to think pep would stay if we bought more players but like you say still two week left all could change

No one thought Pep would come to Manchester and still be here after 9 years.

We are now up there with Madrid as the biggest team in the world. We have that pull, Alonso might come here over Madrid.
Madrid have had six managers since Pep landed and Ancelottti has covered four of those years.
I would think RM is a far more high pressure role than at City imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.