Fluminense (N) - Fri 22nd Dec, 18:00 | CWC Final | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, even though this competition doesn’t set my pulse racing I’ve stupidly double booked myself with a local bloody Christmas concert thing. Might get back for the second half
Similar here. Just found out that we're going to the Christmas lights thing at Dunham Massey on Friday night, been booked for months apparently.

There'll be the usual 'no history' stuff said by some in the media and how little City has become a world club BUT as we all know there's always history and our club had a role to play in the very early history of Fluminense. So, get this in your back pockets for when they start banging on. Basically, Morten Olesen, a longstanding Danish Blue, wrote an article on our goalkeeper Charlie Williams who became regarded as Fluminense's first manager/coach. You can read the full article on Williams here:

The Fluminense stuff is a long way down and Olesen writes stuff like:

In 1911, almost 10 years after its founding, Fluminense was looking for their first coach. The choice had fallen on the now almost 40-year-old Charlie Williams, who was persuaded to take the job for a salary of £ 18 a month (well over £ 2000 in 2021 money) two return trips to England, as well as free board and lodging.

12 straight days at work followed by an eye op and then work again after 2 days? That sounds grim.
K
It's rarely a positive experience on the match day thread although some try to keep it so....myself included when I make a rare visit. It's pretty tedious though. Like a bunch of vexed up naughty teenagers who cant wait to be 1st to put down the players, Pep, the club, coaching team etc.
yep, the Boo Boys !

I'd love to see a really good performance, given that we have been very poor all over the pitch recently.

We were the best team in the world a few months back. We are a shadow of that now. It'd be nice to see a glimmer of it Friday. I miss being awesome.

Alvarez, Foden and Bernie to press their defence could be carnage…and Nunes will have loads of space to show off his running power, looking forward to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.