Football Focus 2022-23

The BBC had loads of complaints about Williams during the Womens Euros. Mainly she spoke too fast & no one could understand a word
I'm probably old fashioned but I expect radio or television presenters to speak eloquently or at least pronounce words correctly. Unfortunately she can do neither and shouldn't be any where near national television.

Another conversation about how to stop Haaland.

Ashley Williams yet again telling defenders to give him "a few hits" and to "let him know you're there."

Martin Keown talking about "a couple of reducers early on."

Unbelievable when you consider what happened to Alfie.
National television allowing 2 ex players to basically say current players should deliberately hurt another player!

And laughing about it! Instead of 'force him out wide or keep him on his left foot' they state he should be subjected to a reducer. Disgraceful.

In all the years I have watched Football Focus I can honestly say that today I am not that bothered that it is not being broadcast!

It is now so unintelligible a imes wiv the dropping of t by almost every commenaor/pundi ha i is no worv lisening o!! (see what I did there!!!)

It is now so unintelligible at times with the dropping of t by almost every commentator/pundit that it is not worth listening to!! (just in case you didn't understand my daftness above!!)

And as a woman I think I am (maybe) entitled to say that the women are the worst.

Please BBC give them some training. I admire regional accents in the norm but this is not regional accents this is downright lazy speech. (IMHO)

In all the years I have watched Football Focus I can honestly say that today I am not that bothered that it is not being broadcast!

It is now so unintelligible a imes wiv the dropping of t by almost every commenaor/pundi ha i is no worv lisening o!! (see what I did there!!!)

It is now so unintelligible at times with the dropping of t by almost every commentator/pundit that it is not worth listening to!! (just in case you didn't understand my daftness above!!)

And as a woman I think I am (maybe) entitled to say that the women are the worst.

Please BBC give them some training. I admire regional accents in the norm but this is not regional accents this is downright lazy speech. (IMHO)

Lol

Off topic but I shout at the tv 'it's better not beter' at tipping point lol and some of the grammar these people use. 'We done that' no ' we did that'

This is my new pet hate ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.