Football Focus 2022-23

Heard one of the woman recently say: "Ain't ginna 'appen." And on Sky sports many years ago Jeff Stelling asked Paul Merson about a game he was watching and enquired about a possible booking for a player. Merson replied: "Dunno. The ref ain't writted nuffink down."

Standards haven't just dropped, they've plummeted faster than the speed of light to the watery depths of the Mariana Trench.

Lol

Off topic but I shout at the tv 'it's better not beter' at tipping point lol and some of the grammar these people use. 'We done that' no ' we did that'

This is my new pet hate ;)
Steve Macnanamany is one of the worst for poor grammar. Often, he will refer to a substitue player who's "Just came on the pitch" or "He should've went up the pitch".

I think one of the biggest mistakes was the introduction of co-commentators. They simply take the focus away from the actual match and engage in prolonged, inane banter. Watching a bit of last Sunday's tie Spurs v Newcastle, the commentator was rambling on about the last match to end 0-0 which was played 40+ years ago. He then proceeded to name all the famous players at that time Chivers, MacDonald etc. who didn't score, Bizarre!

Heard one of the woman recently say: "Ain't ginna 'appen." And on Sky sports many years ago Jeff Stelling asked Paul Merson about a game he was watching and enquired about a possible booking for a player. Merson replied: "Dunno. The ref ain't writted nuffink down."

Standards haven't just dropped, they've plummeted faster than the speed of light to the watery depths of the Mariana Trench.

Who is this Mariana Trench of whom you speak? And tell me more about her watery depths ......

I’ve found a female pundit who doesn’t only know how to pronounce the t in words but is also articulate and knows her subject!!! Wow. Eni Aluko is good, mind you she had a Neville beside her so was bound to shine over him!!

Ohhhh Vinnie is now on BBC for the Belgium v Canada game. Bye bye can’t miss Captain Marvel, Captain Wonderful, the Legend VK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.