Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Well if opposition fans want to beat us with a stick over that, then they better hold fire because didn't Der Spiegel claim that they were going to do an expose on "various" PL clubs who use tax avoidance schemes? And let's face it, as unpalatable as tax avoidance might be, it's not as bad as tax evasion - something their beloved Hoeness was convicted of and served prison time for!

The first part had a lot that didn't look good to a layman.
The second part had a little which implied sharp practice to a layman.
The third part is a bit of a whine that there was a nasty business partner whose links were limited to a small geographical area, and also that Human Righs Watch don't think much of AD.
Part four could be a doozy.

Could city in the background be briefing certain outlets to keep quiet? Not sure if there are legal threats or commercial reasons, but it is strange as normally they would be all over this.

It wouldn't surprise me - withdrawal of access would be the obvious one - or Sky/NewsCorp may be sitting thinking that stolen documents aren't very exciting to the average Sky viewer.

Your last bit was why I mentioned those two. Their absence from linking here is noticeable. Not a word about it on NCustis' twitter.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...ter-3-recruiting-pep-guardiola-a-1236621.html

Part 3 English ver now

Manchester City ExposedChapter 3: Recruiting Pep Guardiola
The powerful men behind Manchester City don't just show up in the stadium, they also make appearances on the global political stage. Control is their top priority. They managed to lure star trainer Pep Guardiola away from FC Bayern almost a year before he took over Man City. By DER SPIEGEL Staff

I'm a little worried about this...
I've read through this and I have to say, there's nothing in this leak that would worry me. We had a contract agreement in place for PG while he was still working. big whoop

Weird, isn't it?

Also, I don't recall anyone complaining here about the Sun or Mirror's reporting it.

Could city in the background be briefing certain outlets to keep quiet? Not sure if there are legal threats or commercial reasons, but it is strange as normally they would be all over this.

This country has laws around reporting on illegally obtained data.

They can't report it for 2 reasons - a) They haven't seen the data themselves and b) They've got to walk through a legal minefield to report on it.

So instead what they can do is report on Der Spiegel running a story which is what we've seen. It was the same with the Ronaldo rape allegations.

So let me get this right. They are reporting that pep agreed to come to city way before he actually shown up yet the British journalists or slags as I like to call them write stories like this week in week out?
I'm beginning to spot the flaw in this not so cunning plan.
I can't wait to see the fallout when fuckall gets done.

One thing I noticed in part 3 is that they reckon City sign "fake" sponsorship deals. I'd be interested to see them back that accusation up as whatever one says about our sponsorship deals, they are real and they're with real companies who conduct real business. Leicester City, on the other hand, were suspected of literally "inventing" a company to get round Championship FFP rules a few years back:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ball-league-financial-fair-play-investigation

Trestellar, the company which produced this immediate increase in sponsorship and commercial income – vast for a Championship club – was a newly formed company. It was set up on a Sheffield trading estate by the son and daughter of Sir Dave Richards, a former Premier League chairman. Richards had close links to Leicester’s Thai owners (his Thai football contacts also include having become acquainted with the country’s ousted prime minister, Thaksin Shinawatra, who became Manchester City’s owner in 2007).

Martin Samuel, who criticised FFP from day one, also said in his article how it's managed to keep the 'Elite'
at the top, Serie A winners in the last 7 years comprise of Juventus, Juventus, Juventus, Juventus, Juventus,
Juventus and, you guessed it, Juventus.
Bundesliga recent results, Bayern Munich, Bayern Munich, Bayern Munich, Bayern Munich and Bayern Munich,
So FFP has worked very well for these two, but their leagues are now just a total joke, La Liga is the same.
The PL results are nothing like these, hence why the PL is the most competitive, and the most watched.

Our league might be heading the same way seeing as were the only team with an owner that is willing to invest. FFP has been a bastard to us, but it now works in our favour. The irony.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.