Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Guilty as charged....

What should the punishment be for Manchester City?
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/what-should-the-punishment-be-for-manchester-city.442703/

Not having it all their own way though....

Castia Full Member

Shouldn’t this be a huge story? It’s barely being covered by the press in England. Not a single mention on Sky and half the tabloids websites.

To be fair, a lot of the comments on that thread aren't taking this seriously at all and are actually quite funny:

Stripped of their 2012 and 2018 titles and forced to sell their best players to the team that finished second in those years. Whoever they might be.

Docked a combined 22 points across all of their Premier League winning seasons, split one point for 2011/12, one point for 2013/14, and 20 points for 2017/18. Banned from Europe for 10 years. Banned from making any incoming transfers (including loans) for 10 years. Relegated to League 2.

How embarrassing for the rest of the league when they get a 20 point deduction and still win the league.

And my personal fave:

Daily Fail new headline.

No comments yet.

Pep Guardiola 'signed Manchester City contract FOUR MONTHS before deal was announced' – despite repeated denials – after he agreed to quit Bayern Munich eight months before actually departing
How is this a story? Man signs contract and later starts new job when his contract at his old job expires. New employer waits till correct moment to announce the new manager. Pellegrlni was kept in the loop at all times and left with good grace. It was widely reported at the time so Bayern were almost certainly in the loop as well. This is just professional business practice. FFS we were slated over the messy departure of Mark Hughes. What a pile of total bollocks.

There has been a tremendous shift in attitude from Sky towards us in recent months. I suspect the gun tattoo debacle over Sterling brought things to a head.

Sky have been getting exclusive steers on some stuff it would seem. I assumed Sterling verbally agreeing a new deal was via his agent Aidy Ward. It could well have come from City.

When you think about it, you don't need to brief anyone else if you have the main TV platform onside.

I'll look forward to Stelling and his chimps to be waxing lyrical about us this Saturday then shall I ?

I won't be holding my breath TH

There has been a tremendous shift in attitude from Sky towards us in recent months. I suspect the gun tattoo debacle over Sterling brought things to a head.

Sky have been getting exclusive steers on some stuff it would seem. I assumed Sterling verbally agreeing a new deal was via his agent Aidy Ward. It could well have come from City.

When you think about it, you don't need to brief anyone else if you have the main TV platform onside.

Gosh perhaps our PR department really are PR Ninjas.

To be fair, a lot of the comments on that thread aren't taking this seriously at all and are actually quite funny:

And my personal fave:

Didn't read past the initial post which read that they had seen Juventus 'and Rangers' relegated for less. That's the mentality you're up against. Rangers were never relegated, they were liquidated and started as a new club/company (won't get into that on here) from the bottom tier of the professional leagues.

The point I'm making is the image which will be portrayed on our club, a lot of damage has been done and people will believe almost anything the media feed them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.