Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

But our accounts were passed by uefa and surely it brings into question the reputation of our own independent accountants who do our books? Why would they risk that?

I think this is more serious than some are acknowledging.

If true, then the we were recognising the Aabar sponsorship at €15m and that company was only paying £3m with Sheikh Mansour paying the difference. This was just one example of that happening. So we were seemingly doing exactly what media and other clubs fans were accusing us of.

Now in terms of going forward, we have obvious reputational damage (in the eyes of Sheikh Mansour at least), and we'll have to contend with the media and opposition supporters slinging insults, but we have an agreement with UEFA and I don't think we would let them renege on it without a battle in court.

Possibly that PSG are about to get nailed so bringing us into the equation? Why the fuck would the French PSG/Qatar help Abu Dhabi?
The main complaint seems to be that we got off lightly. We did to be honest and I said so at the time. But the point is still that we were shafted by them and shouldn't have suffered any punishment at all.

Absolutely nothing wrong with trying to negotiate a lesser punishment behind closed doors, not like UEFA were forced to listen.

The only actual damning thing I've read so far is that the Etihad deal was found to be overvalued by £20m a year, wow, big deal and it's hardly overvalued now

The main complaint seems to be that we got off lightly. We did to be honest and I said so at the time. But the point is still that we were shafted by them and shouldn't have suffered any punishment at all.

Well whatever the reason we need to publicly respond to this serious allegation imo ASAP

I think this is more serious than some are acknowledging.

If true, then the we were recognising the Aabar sponsorship at €15m and that company was only paying £3m with Sheikh Mansour paying the difference. This was just one example of that happening. So we were seemingly doing exactly what media and other clubs fans were accusing us of.

Now in terms of going forward, we have obvious reputational damage (in the eyes of Sheikh Mansour at least), and we'll have to contend with the media and opposition supporters slinging insults, but we have an agreement with UEFA and I don't think we would let them renege on it without a battle in court.
It's well known that the Etihad sponsorship was being paid by the Abu Dhabi Executive Council in the early days. Whether that's changed or not I don't know. That information is in the public domain so there's no excuse for UEFA not being aware of it. We tried to be clever, they tried to be clever. We ended up being cleverer.

What about Aabar only paying 3 mill part of a 15 mill sponsorship, I think that is the most worrying part

The only actual damning thing I've read so far is that the Etihad deal was found to be overvalued by £20m a year, wow, big deal and it's hardly overvalued now
With Etihad not exactly in the greatest health right now, I'd say for Etihad as a company it probably is overvalued now. Could we get a better deal if they pulled out, yes of course we could.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.