Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

So, UEFA were trying to fuck us but also helped us ultimately?

Fuck sake the match going UEFA booers can't be shown this. They might just stop booing if their faith in the uefa-is-pure-anti-city conspiracy theory weakens. Fuck. We can't lose that source of entertainment.

Your first post and then the reply to PB that’s twice and I wasn’t having a pop I was genuinely interested to see any tangible evidence

There was no first post only my reply to PB. As for tangible evidence I don't have that to hand at the moment. As I stated above I don't know if we have done wrong or not, just not happy seeing the reputation of the club being dragged through the gutter again.

If UEFA gave us a light punishment (still £Ms), then it is UEFA in trouble not us. Who is going to punish them?

The only issue I have is the stuff about us being involved in a breakaway super League. The concept leaves me cold. Regardless, it would not surprise me if this is simply being used as a threat to the various FAs to increase the share of CL and domestic league TV rights for the bigger clubs.

So, UEFA were trying to fuck us but also helped us ultimately?

Fuck sake the match going UEFA booers can't be shown this. They might just stop booing if their faith in the uefa-is-pure-anti-city conspiracy theory weakens. Fuck. We can't lose that source of entertainment.
They were saying “Boo-urns!”

There was no first post only my reply to PB. As for tangible evidence I don't have that to hand at the moment. As I stated above I don't know if we have done wrong or not, just not happy seeing the reputation of the club being dragged through the gutter again.
So you haven't actually seen anything that talks about Aabar (and presumably Etisalat & the Abu Dhabi Tourist Authority)? I always reckoned that those 3 were worth about £15m a year between them but had no proff to back that up.

FFP was meant to keep clubs from administration. City, and PSG are not at risk of that. In my opinion, and I know a lot of you as well, FFP is stupid to punish clubs who have cash injected to them and are paying off their debts, or have those debts written off by the owners. Both PSG and City have models that are either currently profitable or on track to become profitable.

Opposition fans and the pundits will go crazy about it but it is all nonsense anyways. It is not like this stuff didn't happen before PSG and City and it will continue long after us as well.

So you haven't actually seen anything that talks about Aabar (and presumably Etisalat & the Abu Dhabi Tourist Authority)? I always reckoned that those 3 were worth about £15m a year between them but had no proff to back that up.

This is the part of the report I was referring to---

Most of the €15 million from Anbar, however, appears to have come from the Sheikh himself. Emails in the Football Leaks collection show that, in May 2010, Man City director Simon Pearce emailed Aabar’s chief executive, Mohamed Badawy Al-Husseiny, about the arrangement and said: “The annual direct obligation for Aabar is GBP 3 million. The remaining 12 million GBP requirement will come from alternative sources provided by His Highness,” appearing to refer to owner Sheikh Mansour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.