Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Conns article had some interesting stuff. If true, most of the leak relegations have already been dealt with and we've not got much to worry about

Hattenstone is just a bit weird. I don't have the knowledge of the case or understanding of UAE or their legal system to campaign one way or the other. Should all City supporters be expected to become experts on foreign politics, or just take the word of the British press before we decide what action to take?

Why is it that DP World gets a pass?....

https://www.londongateway.com/about/dp-world-in-the-uk

Or the 5,000 plus British companies operating in the UAE, including BP, Shell, Rolls Royce, BAE Systems, Mott McDonald, SERCO, Standard Chartered, HSBC and John Lewis / Waitrose?

What about the 779 commercial agencies and 4,762 British brands that have invested in the UAE?

Or the 250,000 expat Brits that live there?

Or the 1.5 million Brits that visit the UAE every year?

Conn and Hattenstone? Badly written agitprop, nothing more.

You didn't mention the biggest one which is the UK Government, we sell the UAE arms, we have a permanent RAF base and the main UAE port is the most used by the Royal Navy anywhere in the World. We protect them ffs.

Fucking hell.

If the Ramos thing is true the scousers sense of injustice will cause the whole of Merseyside to self combust.

Wouldn’t be a bad thing come to think of it.

Just read the Hatterstone article ... previously never heard of the guy - I stopped reading his paper when they left Manchester

This notion of a trial lasting 5 minutes without his lawyer is incorrect I believe.

His trial took place weeks ago and he was out on bail awaiting sentencing - which then took 5 minutes.

Maybe the courts in Abu Dhabi are run like a banana republic or maybe events are being reported in a distorted manner.

Mist if the coverage is from sports reporters whose knowledge of jurisprudence tends to be somewhat limited - just like mine

Perhaps these do-gooders at the Grauniad could expose their squandering of their benefactors fortune putting the business into its current mess!!!!!!

Conns article had some interesting stuff. If true, most of the leak relegations have already been dealt with and we've not got much to worry about

Hattenstone is just a bit weird. I don't have the knowledge of the case or understanding of UAE or their legal system to campaign one way or the other. Should all City supporters be expected to become experts on foreign politics, or just take the word of the British press before we decide what action to take?
Once more, based on his logic, should we all, as British citizens, not denounce the various Premier League clubs with ties to the government or UK businesses who have—either in the past or present—exhibited ethically suspect (or horrific/illegal) behaviour (of which there are many)?

What about those that receive money from the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, China, Russia, America, etc. via sponsorship, financial guarantee, general investment, or ownership (minority or majority)?

You cannot just select one if we’re drawing the line at tenuous connections with dubious action and association.

Just read the Hatterstone article ... previously never heard of the guy - I stopped reading his paper when they left Manchester

This notion of a trial lasting 5 minutes without his lawyer is incorrect I believe.

His trial took place weeks ago and he was out on bail awaiting sentencing - which then took 5 minutes.

Maybe the courts in Abu Dhabi are run like a banana republic or maybe events are being reported in a distorted manner.

Mist if the coverage is from sports reporters whose knowledge of jurisprudence tends to be somewhat limited - just like mine

Perhaps these do-gooders at the Grauniad could expose their squandering of their benefactors fortune putting the business into its current mess!!!!!!
I reckon we can handle a bit of dissent between blues given that we are contemplating a young person going to prison.

This is what is in the public domain: He was working for an organisation called: https://gulfstateanalytics.com/

Gulf State Analytics (GSA) is a Washington, DC-based geopolitical risk consulting firm which assesses risks and opportunities among Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states for lenders, traders, investors, policymakers, and other parties. In today’s volatile environment, stakeholders demand current, objective, and independent assessments of the GCC’s complex state of affairs. Our team of renowned economists, political scientists, former diplomats, and regional experts distinguish between fact and fiction to provide timely insights into current events in the GCC.

In a sentence then the concept is to provide expertise to better exploit investments in the region. Anyone one of us could do the same, especially anyone who has a background in the Middle-East.

This is his research paper on the Moslem Brotherhood, the Arab Spring and the Gulf countries. https://www.mepc.org/journal/gcc-and-muslim-brotherhood-what-does-future-hold

There's a section there on the U.A.E. I think it's fair although I don't know much about the U.A.E.

Ostensibly he's in the U.A.E to conduct academic research. I hope the U.A.E investigation have spoke to his academic supervisors etc. They are obliged to do field risk assessments. They must have considered how he was going to do his research, what the risks were etc. It must all have been pre-planned, documented and agreed. My expectation that is if you go into a war-zone with the aim of getting information directly related to that conflict, you contact the U.A.E embassy in advance and discuss exactly what you are doing and you contact the British Foreign office etc.

I think it is a legitimate subject of academic research although of the highest risk, and beyond that we can only speculate. I hope he is innocent and found to be so.

Fucking hell.

If the Ramos thing is true the scousers sense of injustice will cause the whole of Merseyside to self combust.

Wouldn’t be a bad thing come to think of it.
Smoke and mirrors maybe? They put the wrong drug name down out of two possibles, both which are allowed if declared before the drugs test. They just got asked to be more careful in their reporting in future. If true then there's absolutely nothing to see there.

Smoke and mirrors maybe? They put the wrong drug name down out of two possibles, both which are allowed if declared before the drugs test. They just got asked to be more careful in their reporting in future. If true then there's absolutely nothing to see there.

A qualified doctor writing down the wrong medicine....wouldn't want him writing out my prescriptions :D

You didn't mention the biggest one which is the UK Government, we sell the UAE arms, we have a permanent RAF base and the main UAE port is the most used by the Royal Navy anywhere in the World. We protect them ffs.
And the ex SAS staff involved in protecting the Royal Family and advising on military matters and training.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.