Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Latest finger pointing by der Spiegel will cause a lot of eyebrows to rise. It appears they are having a go at everyone including RM and UEFA. Where will it end? Before you know it they`ll be having a pop at the rags and the world as we know it will end!
I can definitely see RM firing back with a law suit. Put into perspective, having a go at the "kings" of European football,will mean no one will remember what it was we were supposed to have done. Maybe people will now realise what a crappy bit of journalism this is.
I think Tebas and RM are among those who pay for the articles (as well as Agnelli and Rummenigge), don't let them fool you.

The real target is Infantino, they'll try to block his reelection in June 2019. City are Infantino's allies. Picturing UEFA and FIFA as incompetent and corrupted organizations would allow G4 to put their men in charge, blocking Infantino's (and Mansour's) global league projects.

David Conn has written up his feelings about the Der Spiegel case, and Simon Hattenstone has commented about the security analyst who has been arrested.

I thought Hattenstone went right out on a limb, quite unjustifiably in my opinion (I have read this student's previous research which is easily available online if you want to have a look), but he is a blue no question and has a lot of integrity in my opinion. Others will disagree, but I think he is genuinely motivated by injustice which I get. I don't think he has any angle against City. Far from it I think he wants City to do the right thing from his perspective.

Conn's comments are also very reasonable and objective in stark contrast to other financial journalists.

Here are the two articles if you are interested. Sorry if already posted.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...legations-examined-uefa-officials-der-spiegel
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...uman-rights-man-city-jailing-british-academic

I think Tebas and RM are among those who pay for the articles (as well as Agnelli and Rummenigge), don't let them fool you.

The real target is Infantino, they'll try to block his reelection in June 2019. City are Infantino's allies. Picturing UEFA and FIFA as incompetent and corrupted organizations would allow G4 to put their men in charge, blocking Infantino's (and Mansour's) global league projects.
It's like an Agatha Christie whodunnit, the murderer tricks everyone into thinking he's just another victim who's been knocked off before being revealed im the final chapter;)

Last edited:
David Conn has written up his feelings about the Der Spiegel case, and Simon Hattenstone has commented about the security analyst who has been arrested.

I thought Hattenstone went right out on a limb, quite unjustifiably in my opinion (I have read this student's previous research which is easily available online if you want to have a look), but he is a blue no question and has a lot of integrity in my opinion. Others will disagree, but I think he is genuinely motivated by injustice which I get. I don't think he has any angle against City. Far from it I think he wants City to do the right thing from his perspective.

Conn's comments are also very reasonable and objective in stark contrast to other financial journalists.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...legations-examined-uefa-officials-der-spiegel
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...uman-rights-man-city-jailing-british-academic

Why is it that DP World gets a pass?....

https://www.londongateway.com/about/dp-world-in-the-uk

Or the 5,000 plus British companies operating in the UAE, including BP, Shell, Rolls Royce, BAE Systems, Mott McDonald, SERCO, Standard Chartered, HSBC and John Lewis / Waitrose?

What about the 779 commercial agencies and 4,762 British brands that have invested in the UAE?

Or the 250,000 expat Brits that live there?

Or the 1.5 million Brits that visit the UAE every year?

Conn and Hattenstone? Badly written agitprop, nothing more.

Why is it that DP World gets a pass?....

https://www.londongateway.com/about/dp-world-in-the-uk

Or the 5,000 plus British companies operating in the UAE, including BP, Shell, Rolls Royce, BAE Systems, Mott McDonald, SERCO, Standard Chartered, HSBC and John Lewis / Waitrose?

What about the 779 commercial agencies and 4,762 British brands that have invested in the UAE?

Or the 250,000 expat Brits that live there?

Or the 1.5 million Brits that visit the UAE every year?

Conn and Hattenstone? Badly written agitprop, nothing more.
I liked Conn's piece, Hattenstone's less but I think these two journalists have integrity and we should take their opinion and just challenge it if we disagree without resorting to the abuse that is coming our way from others.

I think Hattenstone sees a young man being incarcerated and naturally reacts as most decent people would. However how can anyone judge a case without seeing the evidence?

Pretty obvious that UAE is an ally of the UK although some football fans are arguing that they are human rights abusers but I don't believe any of them really believe that. Anybody who is motivated by such matters knows the UAE sees itself as an extension of the British foreign office. They owe their position to Britain. They are probably the most loyal ally Britain has in the world but that of course does not make them good. I'd pay more attention to what the major international powers are doing around the world than a little Arab Emirate. It is totally unrealistic to expect parliamentary democracy and a western style society in a region that has been locked in conflict for decades due in no large part to interference from outside powers each with their own objective.

I liked Conn's piece, Hattenstone's less but I think these two journalists have integrity and we should take their opinion and just challenge it if we disagree without resorting to the abuse that is coming our way from others.

I think Hattenstone sees a young man being incarcerated and naturally reacts as most decent people would. However how can anyone judge a case without seeing the evidence?

Pretty obvious that UAE is an ally of the UK although some football fans are arguing that they are human rights abusers but I don't believe any of them really believe that. Anybody who is motivated by such matters knows the UAE sees itself as an extension of the British foreign office. They owe their position to Britain. They are probably the most loyal ally Britain has in the world but that of course does not make them good. I'd pay more attention to what the major international powers are doing around the world than a little Arab Emirate. It is totally unrealistic to expect parliamentary democracy and a western style society in a region that has been locked in conflict for decades due in no large part to interference from outside powers each with their own objective.

While I agree with much of this post, Conn and Hattenstone are still disingenuous agenda merchants, no matter how sincere they are.

It's neo-imperialism, they tell other countries what is right and proper and then cherry pick to make the biggest impact. The only difference between scribblers like them and Rudyard Kipling is that they peddle human rights and he peddled the white man's burden.

We've been telling folk, who are not like us, how to live their lives for far too long.

Soccer is the most corrupt sport atm. People really think bayern is pointing a finger on us only true people know that the clubs targeting Psg and City are Madrid and Uefalona

Funny that they've both only really had a go at City.

Conn's article looks fair enough to me, Hattenstone on the other hand is indulging in his ritual self-flagellation about HR abuses, why is it nobody ever moans about Arsenal's long-standing tie-in with Emirates, they must have trousered well over £100m already with another £200m in the pipeline (sorry!) and all of it from the Dubai sovereign wealth fund that wholly owns the airline. I wouldn't condone any human rights abuses but no country is perfect in that regard and I believe the UAE ranks well below the USA in one list of states with the worst records in human rights.

Why should Manchester City do anything?
BTW, what the hell did the academic expect going to the UAE to interview people about the Arab Spring? A warm welcome mat?
I'm surprised he got life imprisonment but I would have expected him to be locked up for a week or so before being deported. I hope that's what happens but really what an idiot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.