Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Don't think UEFA are bothered with us TBH. AFAIK no PL clubs have complained about how we are run. This whole shit storm has been started by PSG taking Neymar from Barca. These smear campaigns are being orchestrated by Bayern, Barca & RM, yet we haven't done anything to annoy them. We are being made out to be the destroyers of fair play yet PSG seem to be getting away unscathed.

They are certain protections for whistleblowers that might protect a potential leaker depending on the jurisdiction of the leaker
Certain protections being key. I'm one of the few people on this board under a legal obligation to 'blow the whistle' if I find evidence of wrongdoing by my employer or any of their subsidiaries and;
  • There's a correct way to do it with certain actions taken and certain procedures followed which hasn't been the case here (you go directly to the regulator or equivalent not a newspaper and in my case I go through by professional body to do so).
  • The entity you blow the whistle on has to be in clear violation of national or EU law, UEFA regs are neither.
  • You can't stand to gain financially from your actions which could be the case here.
  • You can't have a conflict of interest ie an unrelated grievance with your employer or possibly in this case you support another football team etc.
Even then, you need to batten down the hatches as it's not a pleasant experience and you need to prepare yourself for the fact that you'll likely never work in private industry again.

If Etihad have stated they are liable for the money, it is no concern of anyone where or how that cash is initially paid?

Even if Sheikh Mansour fronted the majority of the sponsorship money to Etihad, City would still be able to argue Etihad remain liable to him for reimbursement?

If Etihad have stated they are liable for the money, it is no concern of anyone where or how that cash is initially paid?
Pretty much.
Even if Sheikh Mansour fronted the majority of the sponsorship money to Etihad, City would still be able to argue Etihad remain liable to him for reimbursement?
We wouldn't need to, UEFA accepted the deal was fair value.

Etihad publicly stated that they are responsible for the sponsorship and UEFA cannot look into Etihad's accounts beyond their published financials. Therefore, so long as the money City have received for their sponsorship was paid to City by Etihad, the only thing UEFA can do is assess whether the Etihad sponsorship is fair and it is a bit late in the day to conclude otherwise.

Etihad and Sheik Mansour have not been deemed to be related parties and where Etihad get their revenue from is irrelevant to whether what they are paying to have their name splashed across everything City do is a fair price.

Given that Etihad are named in the allegations against us, why do they not take action against Der Spiegel for besmirching their good name and reputation?

Given that Etihad are named in the allegations against us, why do they not take action against Der Spiegel for besmirching their good name and reputation?
The thing is, when it comes down to it, Sheikh Mansour investing in or loaning money to Etihad isn't illegal and Der Spiegel stopped short of accusing them of doing anything wrong. If they'd accused Etihad themselves of lying there would be a ruckus.
Now that Etihad have come out and stated very publicly that it was their money and paid in full by them, Der Spiegel would have to tread a lot more carefully.

I wonder if the club have told UEFA it's time to put up or shut up. If they have no evidence of any wrongdoing they should issue a statement saying so and put a stop to the "orchestrated smear campaign" once and for all.
That's pretty much what they've done by refusing to comment on it. It's essentially saying "you either have something or you don't, so either act on what you have or piss off".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.