Football Leaks from Molinay

There is and has always been a level of corruption in football everyhere, including this country. There have been many dodgy transfer deals, the odd match has been thrown, the odd referee has been bought. Players have been convicted of match-fixing and the Governing bodies themselves have been proven to be financially corrupt.
But I believe that most of the players and managers and referees (in the UK at least) act with integrity and that the sport is essentially authentic and genuine.
You can never have a 100 per cent clean organisation and that is true of every single organisation in this country at all levels of society. I still think football is the greatest sport in the world.

There is and has always been a level of corruption in football everyhere, including this country. There have been many dodgy transfer deals, the odd match has been thrown, the odd referee has been bought. Players have been convicted of match-fixing and the Governing bodies themselves have been proven to be financially corrupt.
But I believe that most of the players and managers and referees (in the UK at least) act with integrity and that the sport is essentially authentic and genuine.
You can never have a 100 per cent clean organisation and that is true of every single organisation in this country at all levels of society. I still think football is the greatest sport in the world.
This is true, but to me the worst thing is that there doesn't appear to be any attempt to hide it from the officials in this country. We all know, we all just absolutely know that if the rags need a bit of help they will get it, dippers too.
As you are watching it on live tv and you are seeing the rags struggling, you say to yourself 'they'll get a penalty any minute now,' and low and behold, for absolutely no apparent reason the ref blows to give the rags their penalty.
You knew it was going to happen, everyone in the stadium knew it was going to happen, and a worldwide audience of millions and millions knew it was going to happen. So how the fuck have these officials gotten away with it for all this time? They repeatedly flout the rules and regulations to help the vermin and yet nothing is done. Nobody says a word.

Like most of us I don't believe there is full-scale corruption in this country, definitely not on the scale of the Juventus thing anyway. But the flagrant bias towards to the two red shirted teams is so brazen and noticeable that we'd be foolish to believe it is all squeaky clean in the Prem.

Tbf, I can imagine the shitting story being true. UK goverment have been pissing on people in the north for years, and the people in the north east, in paticular, seem to like it.

I think transfers are open to corruption. Some teams seem to get way to much for some of their players when selling.
The transfer between Chelsea and PSG for side show bob was odd way to much paided for him by PSG and next season didnt Chelsea buy him back for the same amount ?

Something I've always flagged as an oddity with our league is that there are premier league mission statements and rules on being anti corruption, but they never give any details on what they are actually doing to actively combat it or how they've been successful in the past.

It is a hugely profitable business and inevitably must have at some point, if not continuously, attracted those who want to corrupt it in their favour. Money attracts corruption, so how do they handle it beyond some words on a letterhead?

But those attempts stay hidden. Ok, maybe for the benefit of shareholders. But what about the anti corruption activities and campaigns to uphold the morality of the sport? There is nothing other than silence.

I've asked the Premier League twice in the past few years for details of their actions to protect the league with regards to corruption. I got the same answer as when I asked about whether any investigation was open into United for their fans and contracted partners causing two games to be cancelled and directly breaking PL rules... No response at all.

If you had an anti corruption strategy you were invested in for transparency and the good of the game, you'd shout about it surely?

I hate to be pessimistic but there are countless discrepancies that warrant attention, and allowing betting companies anywhere near the league instantly brings its credibility into question in my opinion. As does letting just two clubs vet the new chief executive, letting members vote on others clubs investments, and the strangely predicable patterns of some referees when in charge of games involving certain teams.

Yellow cards, first corner, fouls... can bet on anything nowadays so some smaller amounts on insignificant events doesn't seem much, until it's suddenly hundreds of instances.
Very good, I pay very close attention to those "yellow cards" decisions now.

This is true, but to me the worst thing is that there doesn't appear to be any attempt to hide it from the officials in this country. We all know, we all just absolutely know that if the rags need a bit of help they will get it, dippers too.
As you are watching it on live tv and you are seeing the rags struggling, you say to yourself 'they'll get a penalty any minute now,' and low and behold, for absolutely no apparent reason the ref blows to give the rags their penalty.
You knew it was going to happen, everyone in the stadium knew it was going to happen, and a worldwide audience of millions and millions knew it was going to happen. So how the fuck have these officials gotten away with it for all this time? They repeatedly flout the rules and regulations to help the vermin and yet nothing is done. Nobody says a word.

Like most of us I don't believe there is full-scale corruption in this country, definitely not on the scale of the Juventus thing anyway. But the flagrant bias towards to the two red shirted teams is so brazen and noticeable that we'd be foolish to believe it is all squeaky clean in the Prem.
I think some of the decisons by referees and VAR assistants are essentially "unconscious bias." They are scared to make decisions against the bigger clubs so they bow to peer group pressure. I think City have had better treatment from referees since they started being successful for example. United and Liverpool have had this for years. Referees don't want to rock the boat.
I also think the broadcast media has a big influence on VAR decisions. Some incidents are poured over again and again while others are just ignored. The media shows a commercial bias to clubs like United and Liverpool because they drive big revenues. It is mostly subtle bias rather than overt corruption (though incidents like the Mike Riley Arsenal/United match can't be explained away by subtle bias!)

Therè was an occasion (long, long beforr P/L) where City came up from the 2nd division and won the 1st division title the following season. Arguably a much lower starting point than where Leicester started their successful campaign from.
Also won it and went straight down the season after!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.