Football Manager 2009 - Running slow

marca_uk

My copy of Football Manager 2009 is so SLOW! It's not my laptop as I wiped my computer clear of everything before I bought the game - it was like a brand new laptop and the only program I had installed was FM09. I have been on other sites for help and have done everything people on there have suggested (disabling sounds, enable skin cache, compress files etc) but still it is so slow. It's pretty bearable when trying to make signings etc, its just on matches if I go to make a sub or tactical change it just says 'Setting up game' for about 2-3 minutes before I can actually do anything - whereas on everyone elses copy of the game it is there for about 2-3 seconds! Its doing my head in cos I dont bother changing anything during a match cos it takes so long...but then i'm not doing very well cos I can't be bothered to make changes needed to win games!

Can anyone help or suggest something cos i'm not really very good with computers so can't figure it out on my own!

Thanks

P.s - hughes out !!!

Mines the same mate... I suppose you could go buy your self a stick of RAM. Sure that would speed it up a little. But its a ballache finding the right one etc..

That makes sense but my laptop has more RAM than my mates, whose runs perfectly!!?? Doesn't add up!!

Hmm; Well i know it is my laptop which is causing it, but in your case i haven't a clue..

Now im not exactly a computer wizzard, but if someone on here could correct me if i am wrong;

Would increasing his virtual memory help here..?

Oh and Marca, do you get a message saying "Windows virtual memory is running low."?

No, nothing. Like I say, it was literally the only programme I had installed on my computer so its not low on memory or anything, it just doesnt seem to want to work??

Have you tried turning off 3d match engine, it could be your graphics card. Let your pc ram do the work in 2d if your graphics card ram is not up to running 3d. Your mates pc may have more ram on his graphics even though it has less than yours in the main specs.

I've already turned that off - I think it just doesn't like me!? Well annoying though!!

im buying a new laptop to soley play FM and do uni assignments on. my current laptop if fecked from downloading too many *films*.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.