Football Manager 2009 - Running slow

been having a lot of problems with FM today, got it this morning obviously. If i click on a players shirt in tactics, when i try and move it and rather than a cursor I have a shirt for my mouse, it then won't let me click on anything...not sure if this is a common problem but its very annoying as preventing me playing the game. im running it on mac osx tiger 10.4 and had no problems with fm 08 and this is the only problem. im also only running itunes and the game itself runs fast (eg. if i try to auto quit within seconds it comes up and says "are you sure you want to quit" aahhh

i have never played it but am going to give it a go, is there any help or suggestions you can give me any pitfalls to look out for.

thanks in advance

marca_uk said:
My copy of Football Manager 2009 is so SLOW! It's not my laptop as I wiped my computer clear of everything before I bought the game - it was like a brand new laptop and the only program I had installed was FM09. I have been on other sites for help and have done everything people on there have suggested (disabling sounds, enable skin cache, compress files etc) but still it is so slow. It's pretty bearable when trying to make signings etc, its just on matches if I go to make a sub or tactical change it just says 'Setting up game' for about 2-3 minutes before I can actually do anything - whereas on everyone elses copy of the game it is there for about 2-3 seconds! Its doing my head in cos I dont bother changing anything during a match cos it takes so long...but then i'm not doing very well cos I can't be bothered to make changes needed to win games!

Can anyone help or suggest something cos i'm not really very good with computers so can't figure it out on my own!

Thanks

P.s - hughes out !!!
How Did You Sort This Out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.