Football Manager 2011

niall_mcfc said:
Its obvious how Cole has scored that goal. The guy has edited his stats. If you edit a players position ability higher than 20 then he will start to be amazing. So if you change a strikers st ability from 20 which is the max to 25 then he will start to score goals from anywhere and most likely get on average 5 goals a game

Stats don't work that way. If you set a player's stats too high the game modifies them back down again. What's more, the game has a stat called "current ability" to match the "potential ability" which is a determinant for how fast stats grow and how high they can get, and the game knows what a 200 CA player should look like (tip: a 200 CA player probably would only have a handful of 20-rated skills and a fair few sub-10s). If you set a player to 200 current ability (max) and put all his stats up to 20, the game will say "not having that" and will modify them back to sensible levels. It will keep the 200 CA and he will still be the best player in the game, but even cheating by fiddling stats, the game won't let you make someone God. A player on 200CA isn't even that good comparative to real players either. A 200 CA player is comparable to Messi IRL. Yeah, that's a very good player, but considering you cheated to make them superhuman, you'd think you could get better than that, but you just can't. You can't just tweak stats and they gain the ability to backheel the goal into the net blindfolded from a goal kick.

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
Managed City to 4th spot in my first season so Champion's League football. Tevez was immense!

Second season and I've taken the club to a Champion's League Final with Inter and an FA Cup final V Millwall (both waiting to be played) and I'm in 3rd place going into the FINAL League game. I can still win the Premiership or finish 5th. I'm away to Leicester, conceed an early brace and have to chase the game. Two further goals after half time and I'm 4-0 down. Two late Dzeko goals make the score respectable but a 4-2 defeat and results going against me means a 5th place finish (Arsenal won the Prem). As a result I'm sacked before both finals to be played. Ancellotti, sacked by 6th place Chelsea takes over and wins both finals!!!!

I take a job at Chievo (relegated to Serie B), no transfer budget and massive wages. I have to sell the stars to balance the books, picking up youth players and free agents and loan players. 3 games into my first season I'm first, winning all three league and 1 cup game.
Most of my big earners have gone and I'm scraping through. Very enjoyable but totally gutted with the sack even though we were in 2 major finals and one game away from the Premiership!!!!

Just an update to let anyone interested know Chievo finished runners-up in Serie B during my first season behind Siena so I'll be aiming to survive and strengthen against the big boys of Serie A.

Managed City to 4th spot in my first season so Champion's League football. Tevez was immense!

Second season and I've taken the club to a Champion's League Final with Inter and an FA Cup final V Millwall (both waiting to be played) and I'm in 3rd place going into the FINAL League game. I can still win the Premiership or finish 5th. I'm away to Leicester, conceed an early brace and have to chase the game. Two further goals after half time and I'm 4-0 down. Two late Dzeko goals make the score respectable but a 4-2 defeat and results going against me means a 5th place finish (Arsenal won the Prem). As a result I'm sacked before both finals to be played. Ancellotti, sacked by 6th place Chelsea takes over and wins both finals!!!!

I take a job at Chievo (relegated to Serie B), no transfer budget and massive wages. I have to sell the stars to balance the books, picking up youth players and free agents and loan players. 3 games into my first season I'm first, winning all three league and 1 cup game.
Most of my big earners have gone and I'm scraping through. Very enjoyable but totally gutted with the sack even though we were in 2 major finals and one game away from the Premiership!!!!

Just an update to let anyone interested know Chievo finished runners-up in Serie B during my first season behind Siena so I'll be aiming to survive and strengthen against the big boys of Serie A.

Good luck pal, you'll survive im sure!<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:47 pm --<br /><br />
Falastur said:
You can't just tweak stats and they gain the ability to backheel the goal into the net blindfolded from a goal kick.

How awesome would that be though..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdOAo5fd95A&feature=player_profilepage[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeOsoEYkd7o&feature=player_profilepage[/youtube]
Countinho has been class for me.

i know this isnt football manager but im playing a game online called soccer manager and have started as dortmund because i like the way they have a young squad ive had a look at and i only want 1 player to partner barrios up front but cant think who any suggestions??

hes not bad just the one area i want to improve on because im in a league with the likes of barca, real, both milan clubs, the scum, chelski and arsenal, so i thought i could do with a good goalscorer

Falastur said:
niall_mcfc said:
Its obvious how Cole has scored that goal. The guy has edited his stats. If you edit a players position ability higher than 20 then he will start to be amazing. So if you change a strikers st ability from 20 which is the max to 25 then he will start to score goals from anywhere and most likely get on average 5 goals a game

Stats don't work that way. If you set a player's stats too high the game modifies them back down again. What's more, the game has a stat called "current ability" to match the "potential ability" which is a determinant for how fast stats grow and how high they can get, and the game knows what a 200 CA player should look like (tip: a 200 CA player probably would only have a handful of 20-rated skills and a fair few sub-10s). If you set a player to 200 current ability (max) and put all his stats up to 20, the game will say "not having that" and will modify them back to sensible levels. It will keep the 200 CA and he will still be the best player in the game, but even cheating by fiddling stats, the game won't let you make someone God. A player on 200CA isn't even that good comparative to real players either. A 200 CA player is comparable to Messi IRL. Yeah, that's a very good player, but considering you cheated to make them superhuman, you'd think you could get better than that, but you just can't. You can't just tweak stats and they gain the ability to backheel the goal into the net blindfolded from a goal kick.

Did i say edit his stats? No. What you do is go to positions and then they are rated 0-20. 20 being the players best position. So if you take Tevez and edit the 20 in the striker column to 30 then he will score loads of goals. I saw a thread on the sigames forum about this because someone claimed to have the best player ever on the game yet all he'd done was edit his position stats. Go into the editor and do it and you will see for yourself. Why you decided to give me a lecture i dont know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.