Football Manager 2014

My main issues with the last few games is transfers. I always seem to have to pay a fortune to get players but never get a fair price when selling(perhaps I should apply for a job a City). It can be very frustrating and also I find it rare that a team comes in for a player at all. I only ever seem to sell when I 'offer player to clubs)

Having said all that, I'll probably by the new one through Steam, it'll keep me occupied during these long winter nights

the ratings for some players are a bit wonky, The Prem players seem a bit too highly rated and overpriced. Top European players and hot prospects are also quite dear but the likes of Reus don't have particularly good stats.

However there are a hatful of good players and prospects in South America who are valued pretty cheaply, so I'd take over a wealthy club like Shakhtar or Porto and just raid South America instead of struggling to barter with Euro clubs as they seem too expensive.

Mangala rated at £725k despite the fact we're linked to him for £38m in real life? wtf?

I juts started playing the demo. The game looks so dope. I'm starting with City. I always do that even though I never go for more than a year before using other teams. This year though City doesn't get a huge transfer budget and I was planning to buy a new CB, left back, holding midfielder and an attacking left midfielder. But the game looks good, they have this metro design going on too. Can't wait when it comes out on Thursday.

Blue Hefner said:
My main issues with the last few games is transfers. I always seem to have to pay a fortune to get players but never get a fair price when selling(perhaps I should apply for a job a City). It can be very frustrating and also I find it rare that a team comes in for a player at all. I only ever seem to sell when I 'offer player to clubs)

Having said all that, I'll probably by the new one through Steam, it'll keep me occupied during these long winter nights

it's still at it in the demo, clubs only want to pay half the value for your player but are happy to charge 4 times as much for their own, ridiculous.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Blue Hefner said:

it's still at it in the demo, clubs only want to pay half the value for your player but are happy to charge 4 times as much for their own, ridiculous.

That's because they don't want to sell.

blinkblue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Blue Hefner said:

well neither do I, yet when they want to buy they're insistent that they should get the bargain.

It's a stupid AI.

What sort of manager are you?

Are you a manager that sticks with one club and tries to make them the best or do you try and get to the top of the managerial ladder as quick as possible?

Personally, I will go from club to club to win as many trophies as possible. I'm a trophy whore and very rarely will I spend more than 3yrs at a club

JoeMercer'sWay said:
blinkblue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

well neither do I, yet when they want to buy they're insistent that they should get the bargain.

It's a stupid AI.

Why does it bother you then? You can just raise your player's asking price.

blinkblue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
blinkblue said:

It's a stupid AI.

cause you can't release the funds to buy the player you want because the AI won't be fair on transfer value, thus in a cycle where you struggle to improve your team. It's just not realistic, there's minute negotiation and movement and that's just not human, which is what this game is meant to try and recreate.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
blinkblue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

It's a stupid AI.

cause you can't release the funds to buy the player you want because the AI won't be fair on transfer value, thus in a cycle where you struggle to improve your team. It's just not realistic, there's minute negotiation and movement and that's just not human, which is what this game is meant to try and recreate.
How many seasons have you played?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.