Football shirts at funerals

bluebc

Came up recently with someone I’m close to who isn’t in the best of health
It’s their wish that everyone in attendance wears a football shirt
It’s something I’m totally against, think it’s a tacky idea and I’d feel disrespectful wearing a football shirt to commentate the life of someone close regardless of their commitment to City over the years
So do I disrespect someones final wishes or feel disrespectful by obeying them ?

It’s something I’m totally against, think it’s a tacky idea and I’d feel disrespectful wearing a football shirt to commentate the life of someone close regardless of their commitment to City over the years
So do I disrespect someones final wishes or feel disrespectful by obeying them ?
Obey them I think mate. I felt a bit the same, but I did.

I think I'd wear it under my suit shirt for the actual funeral, then show it at the wake. That way, you're still respecting his wishes, and showing respect.

One of my best mates was a blue he died of a heart attack a couple of yrs ago , it was his sisters wish everybody wore a city top for his funeral, I wore our hacienda away top so at least it was mainly black! rip whitby pal

Compromise. Given that you are going to commentate you should wear a sheepskin coat.

Seriously though, if the wish of the dearly departed is for the mourners to wear a footy shirt then that's what you probably should do.

It's a no-brainer. If it's the person's wishes, you respect and honour that. It is irrelevant, you thinking it's disrespectful. Sorry if I upset you, but your feelings on the matter are secondary to the person in question.

As it happens, I'd feel the same as you. But I'd go with the deceased's wishes.

I would say the wishes of the departed are all that matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.