Football shirts at funerals

Came up recently with someone I’m close to who isn’t in the best of health
It’s their wish that everyone in attendance wears a football shirt
It’s something I’m totally against, think it’s a tacky idea and I’d feel disrespectful wearing a football shirt to commentate the life of someone close regardless of their commitment to City over the years
So do I disrespect someones final wishes or feel disrespectful by obeying them ?
A person's wishes for a funeral should be respected. If they feel that it should be a celebration of their life, rather than a sombre mourning of their death, then great.

Ive been to 2 funerals this past year.
1. No instruction, traditional grey/black sombre mourning, but had some light relief with Morecambe & Wise 'Bring me sunshine' being played at Crem.
2. 'Wear something with flowers and butterflies' instruction - produced a bright colourful happy commemeration for everyone there

When we went to @Bill's funeral, his wish was that people wore City colours.

I’d never been to a funeral under such circumstances before, and I felt more than a little unsure, if it was the right thing to do.

However, we did wear our City shirts, and I remember feeling very relieved, when I saw others wearing their colours too.

So wear your shirt with pride, and comply with your friend's wishes.

I'd wear what was asked, last week someone i work with who is an Oldham fan, borrowed a rag top for a funeral.

I wore this for my mates funeral in 2016.
Left my scarf from 1981 with him.
images (3).jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.