Football Tourists

It's either happening with the club's active connivance, in which case they're shafting ordinary fans for the sake of a few hundred quid, or it's not, in which case they need to be investigating by tracing tickets back to whoever is selling them. As it's happening with increasing regularity, I suspect it's the former.
its far too organised to be individuals whoring for points

It's either happening with the club's active connivance, in which case they're shafting ordinary fans for the sake of a few hundred quid, or it's not, in which case they need to be investigating by tracing tickets back to whoever is selling them. As it's happening with increasing regularity, I suspect it's the former.

It's got to be the former with the volume of these 'fans' in attendance, hasn't it?

Loads there on Sunday and even more last night. Not sure about the lower tier but the upper had a hell of a lot of people who looked like they'd never seen either team before.
I don't care about them at home games as we know some of our fans have been priced out or can't be arsed (cup games usually) but it's a slap in the face for City fans when tourists are in the away section when other Blues might want to attend. I don't know if we'd sell out both tiers for Chelsea midweek, but I'm sure we'd have sold out the full allocation at Arsenal.

While I don't doubt that the odd ticket or two ends up in the hands of the tourists, or fans without the requisite number of points via points whores etc, without it being the club's doing, the fact that there was that large group of Belgians at Arsenal away last season tells it's own story and that is that City are creaming off hundreds of tickets for certain away games and selling them on either as part of a corporate deal (City in the City for example) or hotel/ticket package (the Belgians last season) and riding roughshod over the loyalty points system in order to just make a few extra quid. That they're doing it for high demand games (for as long as I can remember, Arsenal always sells out to regular fans regardless of how shit we were in the past) is nothing short of a piss-take. They're doing the same at Watford with this City in the City shite - a game where we will only get just over 2000 tickets and will be a sure-fire sell-out at high points yet someone with zero points who isn't even a season ticket holder can bag one while those on 12k, 13k, or even 14k may well miss out. I even read on a Huddersfield forum - and I accept that this might not necessarily be true - one of their fans saying that our "official" away allocation of 3700 announced by City for our FA Cup game at theirs back in February wasn't the official allocation at all and we actually got circa 4000 tickets. According to Wiki the exact capacity of the Chadwick Lawrence South Stand is 4054 and I assumed that the 3700 allocation was because they would have some seats fenced off next to the home fans on police advice or whatever. This poster implied that it wasn't the case and that City had siphoned off a few hundred tickets to distribute through other avenues. Now we know that they always come out with the blurb that various groups will receive an allocation of tickets out of an away allocation but if they're now lying about how many tickets we've been given in total then that's disgraceful.

On a related note, last week I skim read the latest comments from the club in response to the questions raised at the Points Of Blue meeting and some of them were a fucking total cop out.

So many tourists last night. The majority of them just want to see a PL game, any PL game. I felt a real sense of resentment towards them last night from our fans who probably had family and friends who just missed out points wise.

I don't understand what the club get out of this. The money from the 'City in the City / corporate tourists' is a drop in the ocean compared to the TV money, competition prize money etc. The situation is a PR disaster for the club. They are alienating long serving fans and for what?

Is there any way of making them aware of the strength of feeling on this?

Not sure about the lower tier but the upper had a hell of a lot of people who looked like they'd never seen either team before.
At least 20 Indian/Bangladeshi were taken out of the lower tier, after one cheered when Chelsea took the lead, the one next to him was more restrained but clearly supporting Chelsea, so we got the stewards over, and asked them to remove them for their own safety. Senior stewards, then the police got involved, and after about 20 minutes they came over and asked them to leave, instead of just the two we highlighted, about 20-30 left, leaving 2 or 3 empty rows of seats. These seats were clearly sold to some kind of 'tour' (there appeared to be a tour guide bloke with them in charge) as a block, how do away fan tickets get sold like that ?

At least 20 Indian/Bangladeshi were taken out of the lower tier, after one cheered when Chelsea took the lead, the one next to him was more restrained but clearly supporting Chelsea, so we got the stewards over, and asked them to remove them for their own safety. Senior stewards, then the police got involved, and after about 20 minutes they came over and asked them to leave, instead of just the two we highlighted, about 20-30 left, leaving 2 or 3 empty rows of seats. These seats were clearly sold to some kind of 'tour' (there appeared to be a tour guide bloke with them in charge) as a block, how do away fan tickets get sold like that ?

Corporately is the answer and through the club.

I will go one further on this issue and bring in the Police who im sure ask clubs to try and get tickets to less vocal fans if you like on big away games like this.

Who do the met want there last night 3000 lads or lots and lots of families and tourists?

I don't think this group were corporate mate, certainly any sort of corporate I've ever seen.

I meant corporate as in sold off to third party companies who then sell on again.

The club couldn't give 2 shits about whose are is in the seat as long as they have made their money.

As a fan shelling out every year for Gold or Platinum because of loyalty points for aways Id be fucking it right off and hitting the club where it only knows and that's the pocket.

At the point where your loyalty wont get you a ticket, only money will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.