Football Tourists

Coming over from Cork Sat morning for the Hull game with my two boys, 17 & 14, both City fans. Supported City all my life, even when all around me were Ushited or L'pool fans. Don't mind being called tourists as that's exactly what we'll be, taking selfies and grinning ear to ear just to be there and hopefully soaking up a brilliant atmosphere (no half n halves tho). On the Friday night we'll be at Cork City vs Derry City in the League of Ireland and if anyone is ever visiting they'd be more than welcome to watch a game. Any recommendations for matchday entertainment for two teenage boys welcome.

Have a great trip over.....hopefully it's a good game.

It's all part of the way the game has changed over 25 years or so. It will get worse, they will mess even further with kick off times, games will be played overseas etc etc. Money is all that matters. I still love City, watch every game etc, but really isn't what it used to be.

Coming over from Cork Sat morning for the Hull game with my two boys, 17 & 14, both City fans. Supported City all my life, even when all around me were Ushited or L'pool fans. Don't mind being called tourists as that's exactly what we'll be, taking selfies and grinning ear to ear just to be there and hopefully soaking up a brilliant atmosphere (no half n halves tho). On the Friday night we'll be at Cork City vs Derry City in the League of Ireland and if anyone is ever visiting they'd be more than welcome to watch a game. Any recommendations for matchday entertainment for two teenage boys welcome.
If you want the tourist thing city square or the real blue thing the townly pub or Mary ds pub back room

There were 4 yanks behind us yesterday got speaking to them at half time , first ever City game and got tickets of someone they knew over here it must of been someone from the club or a fan as only paid face value for the tickets. Seemed decent enough and knowledgeable regarding City but the 2 kids looked as if they really didn't want to be there and the dad even mentioned that the young lads favourite player only happened to be Carlton pogshite !

I'm the opposite of a tourist; born in St Mary's within sight of the Maine Road floodlight's; lived in Gorton and West Gorton all my life (no ambition); went to secondary school in Rusholme (used to wag it on Friday mornings to watch then train at Platt Lane); and I'm a life long blue. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point.

I'd like to say to any 'tourists' who frequent this web site that you're very welcome. We don't all regard you as second class citizens.

Top post GB2. Fair fucking play.

Football tourism is fine, I have no issue with someone flying from god knows where to watch us at the Etihad when some of our own season ticket holders cant even be bothered to attend.

However, how are these people getting tickets in the sold out away end at Arsenal? Especially when people with 10000 loyalty points cannot get a ticket - the club should be looking into this as a safety issue - imagine some poor Johnny Foreigner bought a ticket in the away end at any match then cheered the home team scoring?

With regards half n half scarves - you should never be wearing the badge of the club that your club is playing against, even more so if it' a 'rival'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.