Football violence in Greece (Pictures)

'The Derby of the Eternal Enemies' - the name might be a little overblown, but it lets you know what you're going to get at this one. Always lots of aggro, even at the basketball and volleyball games. I remember watching a basketball game between these two a couple of years back, which was abandoned after someone lobbed a smoke grenade.

Bunch of μαλάκες, all of them.

Matty said:
Can you imagine the kind of shit the English clubs would get into with UEFA if anything even resembling this happened at our games?

Panathanaikos have already been made to play behind closed doors for crowd violence this season; they're probably going to be docked points heavily for this one (and deservedly so).

BingoBango said:
Matty said:
Can you imagine the kind of shit the English clubs would get into with UEFA if anything even resembling this happened at our games?

Panathanaikos have already been made to play behind closed doors for crowd violence this season; they're probably going to be docked points heavily for this one (and deservedly so).

But just Panathiniakos. You get the impression that if, say, Liverpool were to do something similar it wouldn't just be Liverpool who were punished.

Matty said:
BingoBango said:
Matty said:

But just Panathiniakos. You get the impression that if, say, Liverpool were to do something similar it wouldn't just be Liverpool who were punished.

Indeed, but UEFA surely doesn't have the power to issue sanctions for violence during domestic fixtures, only for occurrences during European competitions?

(I'm fully willing to be corrected on this, however, though can't think of a precedent).

the greek police & football authorities are a joke. a few years ago i was watching an olympiakos match on tv with greek friends when a section of their fans started to riot, vandalising the seats, throwing all kinds of stuff at the opposition fans & trying to get on the pitch. the police were there in force but made no attempt to arrest or eject anyone. i said to my friends that the tv pictures were so clear that the police would have no problem in identifying & rounding up the worst offenders during the following days. they just laughed & said that the police never take any retrospective action in such cases because they simply can't be arsed & the greek fa just sanctimoniously wring their hands but do nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.