Footballer strike?

Fred_Quimby

Looks like some have had enough. What with the expansion of the World Club Cup and World Cup. Can’t blame them really. You don’t get good football from tired players; a typical example would be our Semi Final against Chelsea our players were shattered. At this rate players will be burnt out at 30. However, in this particular example, you could argue that Real didn’t need to play Bellingham every game and could have rested him. Cole Palmer could go the same way.

I don't blame them. They are human after all. Albeit super fit and well numerated ones.

The one thing I'm starting to agree with the plastic Ronaldo on when he said top players are treated like slaves.

The PL will be a 12 month league if the yank owners get their way.

Last edited:
Looks like some have had enough. What with the expansion of the World Club Cup and World Cup. Can’t blame them really. You don’t get good football from tired players; a typical example would be our Semi Final against Chelsea our players were shattered. At this rate players will be burnt out at 30. However, in this particular example, you could argue that Real didn’t need to play Bellingham every game and could have rested him. Cole Palmer could go the same way.

Look at who's in the Club World Cup (us and Chelsea) and who isn't (united, Arsenal, Liverpool). For us & Chelsea, the financial benefit will be enormous, with over £120m available to the winner and £60m just for taking part.

So it will be great for us but won't remotely impact that latter group, which begs the question of why are they so worked up about it?

Why aren't they asking the PL to reduce from 20 to 18 clubs? Why aren't they demanding that clubs in Europe don't have to take part in the League Cup? Why aren't they up in arms about an expanded CL that could lead to 3 additional games? Why aren't they demanding the right to withhold players from international duty if the club and player want that? These are all issues that do impact them directly.

Yet they're demanding an end to something that doesn't involve most of them. I wonder why?

They train for a few hours a day .
Play football max twice a week.
Get paid an absolutely obscene amount of money and then moan about it.
They could try working on a building site for 9hrs a day in the middle of winter.
They would fucking moan then
If you lay a few bricks wrong do you get thousands of strangers slagging you off on the socials?
Do you have the stresses of being responsible for the building staying up?
Do you have newspapers digging up your past or present, or predict when you'll lose your brickies job, just to sensationalise it?
It's not all roses in any walk of life.

Look at who's in the Club World Cup (us and Chelsea) and who isn't (united, Arsenal, Liverpool). For us & Chelsea, the financial benefit will be enormous, with over £120m available to the winner and £60m just for taking part.

So it will be great for us but won't remotely impact that latter group, which begs the question of why are they so worked up about it?

Why aren't they asking the PL to reduce from 20 to 18 clubs? Why aren't they demanding that clubs in Europe don't have to take part in the League Cup? Why aren't they up in arms about an expanded CL that could lead to 3 additional games? Why aren't they demanding the right to withhold players from international duty if the club and player want that? These are all issues that do impact them directly.

Yet they're demanding an end to something that doesn't involve most of them. I wonder why?
I think the latest expansion of certain cups etc., was the last straw. The one that broke the camel’s back as they say.

People moan about having to pay more and more for extra matches so it would benefit the fans as well to cut back.

Tired players don’t play their best football.

I understand the argument about construction workers and the long hours others work but just because a footballers load doesn’t seem as ‘heavy’ there is also the mentality side of it.

Comparing one job against another doesn’t really work as a lot depends on how much effort you put into it as well.

It’s not just the physical it is also the mental side. Look at the criticism some of our players are getting about this season and last when we’ve had great success. Heaven help them if we had a bad one.
They need a break.
Good luck lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.