Footballer strike?

There’s too many games these days, it devalues the product. Expanded Int tournaments in an already crammed fixture list is a bit much. A champions league where a team can win it despite never winning their national league is a joke too.

Sure at the highest level players get eye bleeding sums of cash but to be at their best they need a decent break. Even at lower level where players aren’t as well paid they do deserve a break. Plus the amount of games is expensive for fans that actually go to games, but football these days is about the armchair fan.

It might be time for 30 man squads, where 5 players have a month off at all times to recover.
Is a great suggestion, I once worked a shift pattern where there was 5 teams and 1 was on holiday at all times.
It's up to the club's to manage the load put on the players.
Haven't read Peps book of his time at Bayern but sure I read he rotated after I think 10 weeks so players could recover physically.

As a fan I would rather watch fewer games with players performing well rather than seeing exhausted players struggling to get through matches.
We have had a few seasons where the March period has left our players unable to give their best and who really wants to see that?
I could not be less excited about the Euros and my main feelings will be resentment at seeing the likes of KdB flogging himself to help Belgium and rendering himself unfit for next year.
If the players were to strike I would have sympathy for them.

Some players would walk through walls to play an international even to the detriment of their bread and butter club. I'm finding it hard to have sympathy for them if I am honest.

Let's change the whole thing and bring back win bonuses and lower basic pay, back to 2 substitutes no drink breaks and play still goes on if the hard man of the day decapitated you.

Haven't the women complained about this recently too?

Look at who's in the Club World Cup (us and Chelsea) and who isn't (united, Arsenal, Liverpool). For us & Chelsea, the financial benefit will be enormous, with over £120m available to the winner and £60m just for taking part.

So it will be great for us but won't remotely impact that latter group, which begs the question of why are they so worked up about it?

Why aren't they asking the PL to reduce from 20 to 18 clubs? Why aren't they demanding that clubs in Europe don't have to take part in the League Cup? Why aren't they up in arms about an expanded CL that could lead to 3 additional games? Why aren't they demanding the right to withhold players from international duty if the club and player want that? These are all issues that do impact them directly.

Yet they're demanding an end to something that doesn't involve most of them. I wonder why?
I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning watching a clip on this, they wouldnt give a toss about us or Chelsea normally.

That said I love the idea but have concerns over when our players would get any rest and the impact on the following season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.