For Man City Fan in Mississippi

blue banks said:
Hey Guys!

I am a graduate from Mississippi State University (in 2007) in the United States and a regular poster on one of our sports boards. In the Southeastern U.S., American football at the college level has always reigned supreme. However, a ton of us got swept up in World Cup fever, and didn't want it to end after it was over, so 40 of us got together, divided into pairs, and drew EPL teams to be fans of. Myself and another guy drew Manchester City, so I fully intend to be the biggest possible fan that I can be from thousands of miles away. I already have it set up so that I can watch all of the weekend games this Fall, and if I really get into it, I'll purchase a kit and try my best to create a mini Man City fanbase in my corner of the world.

What I ask from you all: Can you fill me in on the need to know knowledge if I want to become a good long distance fan? This includes things like:

1. Best players on the team
2. Who are your bitter rivals?
3. What is your play style?
4. What is your best known chant/song? (I want this for my signature on the forum I originate from)
5. Expected success level for the season? I know "we" are current league champions, and I actually watched many games last year (for fantasy football reasons), but did not have a specific team to cheer for. I do now!
6. Any other cool stuff a fan ought to know.

I could look up a bunch of this information from websites, but that would be boring, so I want to hear this kind of stuff from real fans.

Any knowledge is appreciated!

Cheers.

You sound like a right bellend.

ArndaleRhino said:
blue banks said:
Hey Guys!

I am a graduate from Mississippi State University (in 2007) in the United States and a regular poster on one of our sports boards. In the Southeastern U.S., American football at the college level has always reigned supreme. However, a ton of us got swept up in World Cup fever, and didn't want it to end after it was over, so 40 of us got together, divided into pairs, and drew EPL teams to be fans of. Myself and another guy drew Manchester City, so I fully intend to be the biggest possible fan that I can be from thousands of miles away. I already have it set up so that I can watch all of the weekend games this Fall, and if I really get into it, I'll purchase a kit and try my best to create a mini Man City fanbase in my corner of the world.

What I ask from you all: Can you fill me in on the need to know knowledge if I want to become a good long distance fan? This includes things like:

4. What is your best known chant/song? (I want this for my signature on the forum I originate from)
5. Expected success level for the season? I know "we" are current league champions, and I actually watched many games last year (for fantasy football reasons), but did not have a specific team to cheer for. I do now!

I could look up a bunch of this information from websites, but that would be boring, so I want to hear this kind of stuff from real fans.

Cheers.

And so do you!

papillon said:
ATXMCFan said:
Austin Texas fan here ... got hooked watching YaYa in the FA cup semi a few years back. A United friend of mine took me along to the bar to watch the game and it all kind of went tits up for him LOL.

I found learning the tournament structures, how to advance, and how teams are drawn was wildly different that in the states and knowing how they work in Europe was a huge help. I would look into that.

For example: Champs League is a wild mix of a BCS style seeding, with a world cup group stage, and a sweet 16 bracket thrown in for fun. Then you can move from Champs to Europa, some teams get to skip a ton of games in some tournaments, winners of other tournaments get an automatic place in others, it's wildly fun for drunk bar talk at 7:45 AM after a 6:00 AM kickoff.

Enjoy and CTID

Nope. Not a fuckin clue. Can anyone translate?

Welcome aboard bloke from Mississippi. Enjoy the ride.

(ps: if anyone asks, it's a barm)
BCS was the system they used to rank teams in American College Football. Absolutely the worst method for ranking teams ever conceived.

looks like the sheik is gonna have to increase the capacity fairly pronto, to accomadate all our new fans coming on board, soon be up there with the rags 76k

ArndaleRhino said:
blue banks said:
Hey Guys!

Cheers.

And yet he/she has come across as a much more intelligent and articulate poster ? You must be so proud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.