For those Blues that are no longer here

Blue2112

For a small moment on Sunday let us all remember those Blues we've all lost along the way. I shall pay a visit to the rememberance garden before the game and say hello to my best mates dad Tommy Smith who's ashes are scattered there. I still miss him 8 years now and tell him the ball must have bobbled whenever a Rag player was about to shoot and he'll know exactly what I mean.

For Malcolm Allison, Neil Young, Ken Barnes, Ken Branaghan (50's City player and my wifes uncle) Mike Doyle and all those others that we knew and loved Sunday is for you as much as us.

Blue2112 said:
For a small moment on Sunday let us all remember those Blues we've all lost along the way. I shall pay a visit to the rememberance garden before the game and say hello to my best mates dad Tommy Smith who's ashes are scattered there. I still miss him 8 years now and tell him the ball must have bobbled whenever a Rag player was about to shoot and he'll know exactly what I mean.

For Malcolm Allison, Neil Young, Ken Barnes, Ken Branaghan (50's City player and my wifes uncle) Mike Doyle and all those others that we knew and loved Sunday is for you as much as us.

Great post.

Good shout - I will be thinking of my Grandad who told me loads of stories about our previous halcyon days !

Visiting Southern Cem tomorrow...so many to visit just to let them know we're nearly there....praying i'll be going the same time next week with the good news.

Blue2112 said:

Is that Tommy Smith from Cheetham Hill?

For my old fella. Died last Nov. Lifelong blue. Ive spent hours watchin City while sat on his shoulders. He will be smiling down his beloved blues. His all time favourite player was Mike Doyle. Not a bad choice in my opinion.

When we scored the first yesterday I didn't go mad like everyone else

I hugged my wife and eldest and thought of my mum and dad who took me there in 68

Mind you I was closer to the pitch then, and closer to them yesterday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.