For those Blues that are no longer here

Blue2112 said:
Barcon said:
Blue2112 said:
Hey mate consider that done, I promise I will.

Cheers pal. Here's a little something for you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLoUGYxR0uM&feature=related[/youtube]

Amazingly my dads favourite Rush song, he got into them through me when I was 16 and came to see loads of metal bands with me. He was the first person I rang yesterday coming out of the ground, he was everything to me growing up. Made me a blue and the person I am to this day. He's not in great form these days but he's still with us which is the most important thing. And you being in Toronto makes me very jealous there must be so much Rush stuff over there.

They played my high school caf.. when I first moved over here. I met Alex Lifeson a few times, and did a little work in his house years ago. They were all from the area that we ended up in when we came over. Ged is my Dad, and his Dad, Ted, is across the road in Phillips Park cemy (along with the rest of our crew). Cheers Paul B.

A poignant thread; For me I'll perhaps think a few words to myself about my grandad who left us in 1993 aged 89. He sat behind the king at the 1934 FA Cup final and first took me to Maine Road in the early 70s when Rodney Marsh scored an overhead goal in a 1-0 win against....QPR...In later years the tables were turned and I ended up taking him.

He'll be looking down on us next Sunday and saying "We never score from corners..."

to all blues no longer here,
tune in,
how much is a ticket from the after-life btw?

this is it :)

Barcon said:
Blue2112 said:
Barcon said:

Amazingly my dads favourite Rush song, he got into them through me when I was 16 and came to see loads of metal bands with me. He was the first person I rang yesterday coming out of the ground, he was everything to me growing up. Made me a blue and the person I am to this day. He's not in great form these days but he's still with us which is the most important thing. And you being in Toronto makes me very jealous there must be so much Rush stuff over there.

They played my high school caf.. when I first moved over here. I met Alex Lifeson a few times, and did a little work in his house years ago. They were all from the area that we ended up in when we came over. Ged is my Dad, and his Dad, Ted, is across the road in Phillips Park cemy (along with the rest of our crew). Cheers Paul B.

Fair enough Paul, I will say hello to them from me for you and know you will be a part of what will be our history in the making and in some small way represented at the ground on what is sure to be a great day.

On a less serious note I am on the first flight over there. FFS the greatest and most underated guitar player ever and you've met him and worked for him. I'm literally sat here green with envy. Fucking brilliant mate!

For my grandfather Charles Wheeler Locke who lived opposite Joe mercer and pushed the piles of pennies over and my father Paul and uncle keith mullins who ran on the pitch in newcastle in 68 and dug the pitch up where Franny scored - took the grass home to st helens - raise a glass and shed a tear

Barcon said:
Blue2112 said:
Barcon said:

Fair enough Paul, I will say hello to them from me for you and know you will be a part of what will be our history in the making and in some small way represented at the ground on what is sure to be a great day.

On a less serious note I am on the first flight over there. FFS the greatest and most underated guitar player ever and you've met him and worked for him. I'm literally sat here green with envy. Fucking brilliant mate!

Blue2112 said:
Barcon said:
Blue2112 said:

Thanks again mate, the pints are on me if you'r ever over this way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.