For those Blues that are no longer here

I will be thinking of my grandad, he made me blue, my uncle Vin and uncle Sam both big blues.

I will also give a little smile to two Bluemoon legends Scarblu and Kingy, without those two BM would never have been what it is.

pride in battle said:
Blue2112 said:
For a small moment on Sunday let us all remember those Blues we've all lost along the way. I shall pay a visit to the rememberance garden before the game and say hello to my best mates dad Tommy Smith who's ashes are scattered there. I still miss him 8 years now and tell him the ball must have bobbled whenever a Rag player was about to shoot and he'll know exactly what I mean.

For Malcolm Allison, Neil Young, Ken Barnes, Ken Branaghan (50's City player and my wifes uncle) Mike Doyle and all those others that we knew and loved Sunday is for you as much as us.

Is that Tommy Smith from Cheetham Hill?

Collyhurst but live in Harpurhey in later life. Passed away with Motor Neurone disease on my wifes 40th birthday, a day we will never forget. He was a great fella use to drink in Billy Greens in Collyhurst.

Barcon said:
Blue2112 said:
Barcon said:
Say hello to Ged Barker for me please mate.

Hey mate consider that done, I promise I will.

Cheers pal. Here's a little something for you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLoUGYxR0uM&feature=related[/youtube]

That's just helped end a perfect weekend....great shout.

firkinbarsteward said:
For my old fella. Died last Nov. Lifelong blue. Ive spent hours watchin City while sat on his shoulders. He will be smiling down his beloved blues. His all time favourite player was Mike Doyle. Not a bad choice in my opinion.
Nice post mate my old fella was a few years before but it still seems like yesterday,Sure wish i was going with him on sunday.

Barcon said:
Blue2112 said:
Barcon said:
Say hello to Ged Barker for me please mate.

Hey mate consider that done, I promise I will.

Cheers pal. Here's a little something for you.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLoUGYxR0uM&feature=related[/youtube]

Amazingly my dads favourite Rush song, he got into them through me when I was 16 and came to see loads of metal bands with me. He was the first person I rang yesterday coming out of the ground, he was everything to me growing up. Made me a blue and the person I am to this day. He's not in great form these days but he's still with us which is the most important thing. And you being in Toronto makes me very jealous there must be so much Rush stuff over there.

For my dear brother Tony, died 4 yrs ago aged 45.

The highlight of his 35 yrs support was beating Gillingham...

Started off on the journey with Thaksin, but didn't reach the destination like so many good solid blues, who did their time without the rewards.

Miss you so much, but I swear I still hear you shouting at the games...

RIP
'You walk beside me every day'

The cookie monster said:
firkinbarsteward said:
For my old fella. Died last Nov. Lifelong blue. Ive spent hours watchin City while sat on his shoulders. He will be smiling down his beloved blues. His all time favourite player was Mike Doyle. Not a bad choice in my opinion.
Nice post mate my old fella was a few years before but it still seems like yesterday,Sure wish i was going with him on sunday.
You are mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.