For those Blues that are no longer here

Before i start my proper post can i firstly apologise if this is a long post. Its a story ive wanted to tell for a few days now but didnt know if it was appropriate.

Unlike my son and thousands of sons and daughters out there i wasnt brought up a blue by my dad, grandad or any member of my family. It was actually a family friend who took me to my first city game, but that's another story.
This about my mum....as far back as i can remember my mum would always ask me about city, the game id just been too, gossip etc. This continued right up to me losing my mum 5 years ago.I lost my mum to cancer and even whilst she was in the hospice in her last few weeks of life she would still ask me about city. In the last few days of her life as i sat by her bed i would tell her how we had got on and even though i didnt get any response from her, i knew she was listening to me.
Anyway just before the kick off against Utd i sat in my seat and spoke to my mum, i just asked her to watch the match and smile down on us.I did the same before the Newcastle match and then again on Sunday. I like to think that my mum and countless other lost loved ones where cheering us on on Sunday.
I could never call my mum a blue she never went to a game, but she knew exactly what this great club means to me, so if i may be allowed to,i would now like to call her an honoury blue.

For my mum. Died 19th May 2010. I know she's looked down over us since leaving, and i know she'll be having a few lagers loving it. Worked in the Toll Gate and Stretford Ex-Servicemans for the last few years so it gutted her to watch them rag f***ers celebrate every year while we were going through the mill. she always times were soon to change though back to OUR time. Just wish she was here to see it too. RIP Mum....... My thoughts are with everybody in the same boat. Thank you City for giving us another reason to cherish those thoughts!!

levets said:
Some may scoff, but at 92 mins I took out the picture of my dead younger brother and fucking prayed to God and to our Tony for some help...
Then we got a corner and you know the rest..

RIP all the blues gone but NEVER forgotten
Thank You!

With you on this one. I did the same with my mams pic and sat in the concourse near to my seat talking to her. Dzeko scored and i thought to myself, do i go back to my seat or stay here?

I stayed put and missed Sergio's winner but as i was only a couple of feet from the aisle i saw him running off on his celebration.

Do i regret not coming back in? No. I think that's how it was meant to be.

Cheers mam.x

I was telling my mam that before sundays game i visited the cemetry to see my nanna and grandad.

She said on sunday she had kissed a photo of her dad and asked him to make me happy.

Cue tears again.

My Dad, a true blue, died of cancer in 2006, in a hospice, with city scarves tied around his bedposts. He was buried with a scruffy old handknitted scarf my mother had knitted for him in 1961. After Wembley 99 he gave me a cheque for £36, a pound for every year I'd had to 'suffer' being born a blue.
At 90 mins on sunday I was just repeating over and over again 'Please Dad, please Dad. Just do somthing'. At the same point a rather obscure, not very close friend, out of the blue texted 'believe'.
Did my Dad help us out. I don't know, but if he could have done, he would have, and I like to think he did.

Went to visit my Mum and Dad's memorial yesterday. Just to thank them for bringing me up as a Blue and taking me to all those games as a little kid.

When my Mum was close to passing and in one of the last conversations she said she was just sorry she wouldn't be around to see what happens to City. She also said she was upset she wouldn't see if Joey Barton would become a star. At the time he was was just breaking into the team, no hint he was going to be trouble and he was just one of her favourites as a young lad who could become a City star. How ironic hey.

Posted elsewhere earlier this week so fogive me for the self indulgence but thought it belonged here amongst the other heros of our lives.....

Gave my seasoncards to my lads of 11 & 13 as wanted them to see it and watched on TV in the Legh Arms with my Bro.

At 1 - 2 I walked up to the ground with 83 minutes gone to collect my lads outside the stadium agonIsIng what to tell them - keep your heads up etc -after another typical City day.

As I walked up Grey Mare Lane I passed the point where in 1974 my beloved Gandfather died(where the shops used to be)and as usual said a few words to him in my mind.this time it was "Oh Billy,what am I going to tell my boys?"

I had the scarf on he bought me in 1972 at Grey Mare Lane Market.

Just at this point a girl and her boyfriend run up to me and hug me shouting Citys scored.I replied "Typical City breaking my heart again,2 - 2 just not enough" to be told no mate its 3 2!

Well I went mental as we all did and managed to get in the ground with hundreds of others to see City get the trophy with my boys.

So,if you think it was Bobby Mancs fantastic managment skills or Sergios exquisite finishing...think again,it might have been Billy Millls having a word with the man upstairs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.