For those Blues that are no longer here

to our kid alan wood who passed away in the 80s.one of his last games was when we beat hudds 10-1.he would have loved this season

My husband, Steve, and my Mum, Margaret. The three of us used to go together home and away but Steve died in 2009 and Mum in 2010. I'll be wearing their scarves at the match today and know that they'll both be there with me.

For one of my dearest mates,Stevie Hallworth (Olly) who passed away Jan.2011,just after his 50th Birthday.
He missed us lifting the FA Cup,so if you`re looking down on us Olly,make it the "biggie" this year mate.
oakie. George & Dragon still doesn`t seem the same without you mate.

For my dad who died Feb 16 2012. He used to stand on the terraces from 1930 onwards. He missed us lifting the FA Cup. The last thing he said to me was that he loved me and to make sure that City go on to win many trophies. Come on you Blues... do this for all that cannot be here. Love you dad.

mancitypj said:
For my dad who died Feb 16 2012. He used to stand on the terraces from 1930 onwards. He missed us lifting the FA Cup. The last thing he said to me was that he loved me and to make sure that City go on to win many trophies. Come on you Blues... do this for all that cannot be here. Love you dad.

Absolutley welled up reading that. Come on City

I defy anyone to read this thread and not shed a tear.
My Grandad Noel Pennington,big blue and a boozing pal of Roy Paul.
He passed seventeen years ago would have loved this,he was only wrong once about the blues,when Allison came back he likened it to the second coming and I was left less than impressed and we had words.
He realised it was going tits up and apologised,saying he was wrong and I was right.I can't imagine many sixty year old's having the humility to do that to 16 year old know all.
My great aunty Eve Whitehead,lifelong blue who ran an offie on Eccles new road in Salford,she copped a volley in the face off Don Revie in the old scoreboard end and still said he was a belting player.

Will be thinking about my dad today.
18 months sinced he passed after a sudden heart attack.

Was not a footy fan.....always asking why I supported City, when they lost every week and remined me that these Football players are not going to put food on the dinner table etc, but I always knew that he would check the footy score on ceefax to see whether City had done the business that week.

Love u dad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.