For those Blues that are no longer here

4 Wythenshawe blues . Gone but never forgotten .
Richard Bibby . 1982 aged just 17 .
Phil Shorthall . 1996 aged 27 .
Josh Parry . 2007 aged 27 .
Steve " Evo " Evans aged 49 .
And Roy Lewis . Bagualy and Brooklands sc .

Blue2112 said:
For a small moment on Sunday let us all remember those Blues we've all lost along the way. I shall pay a visit to the rememberance garden before the game and say hello to my best mates dad Tommy Smith who's ashes are scattered there. I still miss him 8 years now and tell him the ball must have bobbled whenever a Rag player was about to shoot and he'll know exactly what I mean.

For Malcolm Allison, Neil Young, Ken Barnes, Ken Branaghan (50's City player and my wifes uncle) Mike Doyle and all those others that we knew and loved Sunday is for you as much as us.

This is an amazing thread, it deserves to be in the classic threads!

I am sure if we win on Sunday, there will be a giant Poznan in the sky

Great post. My mum and dad are gone but their blue blood runs deep. My dad taking me in the Platt Lane in the seventies. I cried when we lost the title in 77 at home to Liverpool. I pray on sunday I will cry for different reasons. My first child is also due this week, I think my parents will be looking on and enjoying these happy times.

my dad who had no money but managed to take me to maine road nearly every home game ,watching city when we were crap made us what we are and hopefully hes had a word with god to sort it for sunday

My dad too. I'm sure he will have his pint of mild in his hand ready to toast the blues.
Thanks dad for being a blue.

For my Dad - although not a blue always encouraged me to stick with it as 'my day would come' - he died a week after the cup final last year but was so happy when we won despite being very ill that my 30 odd years wait was over

Will be thinking of him this Sunday whilst in 326

For my Dad who died just before the Sheikh's takeover. He died in May that year and we scattered his ashes in the memorial garden next to MVF's plaque. Since then look what's happened to our beloved club.......thanks Dad, I like to believe you played a part in it.
I wish he was still here to see it all with me, bring us some more luck Sunday Dad :)

For Barry Casey, my father in law, true Salford Blue who never stopped believing, and passed away in Dec. I can just imagine the smile on his face this Sunday

RIP

<a class="postlink" href="https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404985_10150988405213154_595993153_12946871_1281380930_n.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 0930_n.jpg</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.