For those Blues that are no longer here

RIP every single person previously mention on this thread and the many more that havn't been mentioned.

Also RIP my lifelong blue grandmar who passed away a month before the FA cup final, so sad she didnt get to see us win the cup.

Soulboy said:
Steve Kay.

Me and Steve went home and away through all the "dark days", and if one person in my life deserved some reward for his absolute passion for City it would be Steve.

Died far too young and I still miss him, the big daft sod!

went to the service at Eastlands.Room was packed with Blues.

Sunday I will be thinking about Dad who died at the home derby 2 years ago in his seat.Couldnt hold it back v Newcastle thinking about him,saw Sue Wallace of King of the Kippax,she understood.I'll be a wreck if we win on sunday!
Also to only brother Dave,died in 87 on Cup Final Day aged 23 of meningitis,and mam,died in 93 aged 56.Hope your partying up there if we win.

Great thread OP - I'd like to echo all the previous sentiments - Plus a few of my own - 4 Grandparents all blues, Jamie who I used to travel to Maine Road with as a kid and Frank who died this year outside the ground shortly after a game. RIP.

1_barry_conlon said:
Blue Mist said:
In 1997 as City decided to nose dive through the divisions Roy Lewis together with Tony Welsh decided to form the Baguley and Brooklands Supporters Club. Whilst it was a very strange time to start something like this it is still going strong today. Sadly, Roy a lifelong Blue is no longer with us. if/when whatever Sunday brings I will raise a glass to you Roy.

Trevor Parry is another taken far too early, a life long Blue who I think would just about remember 1968. He certainly was there for all the years after, it is such a shame he is not here to witness this. Again I will raise a glass to you.

You must be reading my mind as i was just thinking about Big Trev.

I'll be having several for him as well. And i forgive him for talking about fucking golf far too much.:-)

Barry, I dont know you as Barry !! is your real name Steve or John ? This is the kind of thread we should be doing, not threads/posts attacking other Blues for having an opinion that is different from ours ! I remember Trevor organising a coach to the League Cup semi final against Liverpool back in 1982, a top Blue. Hell the coach was bricked, the scouse shite wanted to knife us all what a night out! He should be here now, they all should. They watched us in our bad times they should be here in our good times.

My mate, travelling buddy and diehard City fan was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident last summer. I think of him up there with countless thousands of Blues bringing the title home to us. Callum mate I miss you loads, bring it home son, bring it home.

Blue Mist said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Blue Mist said:
In 1997 as City decided to nose dive through the divisions Roy Lewis together with Tony Welsh decided to form the Baguley and Brooklands Supporters Club. Whilst it was a very strange time to start something like this it is still going strong today. Sadly, Roy a lifelong Blue is no longer with us. if/when whatever Sunday brings I will raise a glass to you Roy.

Trevor Parry is another taken far too early, a life long Blue who I think would just about remember 1968. He certainly was there for all the years after, it is such a shame he is not here to witness this. Again I will raise a glass to you.

You must be reading my mind as i was just thinking about Big Trev.

I'll be having several for him as well. And i forgive him for talking about fucking golf far too much.:-)

Barry, I dont know you as Barry !! is your real name Steve or John ? This is the kind of thread we should be doing, not threads/posts attacking other Blues for having an opinion that is different from ours ! I remember Trevor organising a coach to the League Cup semi final against Liverpool back in 1982, a top Blue. Hell the coach was bricked, the scouse shite wanted to knife us all what a night out! He should be here now, they all should. They watched us in our bad times they should be here in our good times.

Trev was a good friend of mine too, worked with him for many years, top lad and sad he's not here, but at least there will be beer left for others.

Others close to me :-

George Shaw, must have been going for well over 60 years and also took me to Wembley with him in 81.

Martin Blake, bro-in-law, big Blue and died from cancer at 24.

I'll be knocking a pint back for my Dad on sunday if we do it, he died just before the takeover so never knew about the money that came to the club, he took me to my first game in 1958 I think, I've been hooked ever since, my Dad had a season ticket at Maine Road for years just behind the directors box he also played in the brass band at half time, so if we do it Dad I'll be thinking of you more than ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.