Forever Boys by James Lawton

The_Maverick

Steven Howard has done an article today about this new book in which he has some little digs at Yaya.

From the extracts he uses it seems like it might be a good read but I wondered if anyone has read it and what they thought of it?

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else.

James Lawton is a ****.
This is just simply pathetic. Grow up. James Lawton followed City as a young journalist. He built a relationship with the club and particularly Malcolm Allison whose autobiography Colours of My Life he wrote. The book Forever The Boys is his tribute to our great 60's team and the influence Malcolm had on every individual and James. In doing so it makes a connection between former legends and the club today and provides a platform for James to look back on a life in journalism that has come full circle.
I met James Lawton outside the main entrance to the Etihad after we won the league in 2012. He was milling about with supporters who were celebrating and drinking in the occasion. It was clear although he never said as much that he was delighted and had real affection for our club. I hope the Bluemoon podcast team take the opportunity to interview him about the book which is a wonderful read.
Are Bluemoon really going to provide a platform to such abuse?

This is just simply pathetic. Grow up. James Lawton followed City as a young journalist. He built a relationship with the club and particularly Malcolm Allison whose autobiography Colours of My Life he wrote. The book Forever The Boys is his tribute to our great 60's team and the influence Malcolm had on every individual and James. In doing so it makes a connection between former legends and the club today and provides a platform for James to look back on a life in journalism that has come full circle.
I met James Lawton outside the main entrance to the Etihad after we won the league in 2012. He was milling about with supporters who were celebrating and drinking in the occasion. It was clear although he never said as much that he was delighted and had real affection for our club. I hope the Bluemoon podcast team take the opportunity to interview him about the book which is a wonderful read.
James Lawton is a pompous, Ferguson apologist with a sinfully dreary and laboured writing style. He has written about our club in hugely disrespectful terms on numerous occasions, most noticeably in the 2012/13 season, some short time after you appeared to have been sufficiently star-struck to comically rush to his defence some three years later. You may enjoy assuming the role of an Uncle Tom, but some of us prefer to remember those who have chronicled our rise with a sneer.

You doff away. Not my style, however.

I've been waiting for Lawton's piece about the rags providing the worst title defence the PL has ever seen.

Bollocks, I have personally never heard him say a good thing about City, however the same can't be said regarding the scum. If I was looking for a word to sum him up it would be the one Gdm used (pompous), however I am prepared to compromise and say pompous ****

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.