Forgotten Recent(ish) City Players

Apologies if he's already been mentioned but for some bizarre reason the name Terry Park just popped into my head, midfielder we signed on loan from County in the Luton relegation season, Having checked the stats he came on as sub in an "epic" 4-0 defeat at Coventry and in the following home defeat by Notts County. No wonder we went down.

Apologies if he's already been mentioned but for some bizarre reason the name Terry Park just popped into my head, midfielder we signed on loan from County in the Luton relegation season, Having checked the stats he came on as sub in an "epic" 4-0 defeat at Coventry and in the following home defeat by Notts County. No wonder we went down.

I remember him coming on, which must be the Notts County game. I remember being very underwhelmed by the quality of player we were looking at if he was anything to go by.

Another similar one is Ronnie Mauge, in Peter Reid's time. Another midfielder, he came to us on loan from Bury, supposedly because he was rated by Reid's assistant Sam Ellis. The record shows that Mauge played in one game for us, coming on as a sub in a Full Members Cup defeat to Sheffield Wednesday in October 1991.

A random one I've just recalled is Geoff Lomax, a young full back from the youth ranks, who featured a bit during Billy McNeill's time. I remember him as, let's say, not the most talented player ever to represent our club, but I recently watched youtube highlights of the Charlton promotion game and he made a vital goal-line clearance at 0-0. That was his last game for us, so he departed having made at least one very important contribution to the beguiling history of MCFC.

Any player who appears in this thread doesn't count because it means someone has remembered them. You've not thought this through have you DJ?

We gave a hundred BlueMooners a hundred seconds to name as many City players . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .! There are no pointless answers but Colin Barlow and Cliff Sear scored one each!

Possibly the worst player ever to pull on the Jersey. But Yeh he was a likable lad.he tried where as some haven't.

Nowhere near the worst player, probably not in the worst 100. He was young and had a decent strike rate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.