Forgotten Recent(ish) City Players

Sylviniho - decent left back for a 45 year old which reminds me of John Ryan for some reason

Less recent

Paul Sugrue - signed from Nuneaton ?
Chris Jones - 3 games up front all crap
David Cross
Gary Buckley
Gary Jackson - debut away at the swamp 0-0 draw I think I was in the scoreboard end think he hit the roof with one shot
Mikhail Kashvilli?? Looked like Mr Bean, had a great game & scored & post match Alan Ball said he had a good game 'for himself' very motivational
Ronnie Hildersely
Ivan Golac
Aage Hareide
Phil Boyer - quality player beset by injuries
Dragonslav Stepanovic - most exotically named city footballer of my youth

Kakhaber Tskhadadze

Remember him being a rock (for the few appearances he made) in our Div 2 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two players names pop into my head when I think of Ex City players who did a lot for us, but are now never spoke of. Those two are Mpenza and Bellamy.

Mpenza virtually prevented us from relegation and Bellamy helped drive us to that next level when competing for top four.

This got me thinking, are there any other players who you feel played a key role in getting us to where we are now, but dont receive the respect, attention they deserve?
Shay Given

Sylvan Distain. Dunne receives a lot of plaudits but this guy was a giant for us when we had little in the way of attacking threat.

Bit earlier but Mark Kennedy rarely gets a mention. The year we went up under Royle he was literally unplayable up to Christmas. Similar to Silva in the early part of 2011/12 season
I agree about Kennedy....I also think Terry Cooke was big. Never did anything after promotion from what was then Division Two, but the season we went up against Gillingham he was fantastic.

Antoine Sibierski.
Rarely mentioned after the tragic death of his daughter. Retired back in France iir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.