Forgotten Recent(ish) City Players

Can you give examples of how Mpenza virtually prevented us from relegation?
He scored in the games at Boro and Newcastle in the run-in in the 2006/7 season. We were 5 points off relegation at the end of the season and he won us 6 points in those games. Distin got one at Boro as well so it's perhaps a little hyperbolic but there's certainly more than a grain of truth there.

Came across the name of DeMarcus Beasley when looking through some games from that period.

He scored in the games at Boro and Newcastle in the run-in in the 2006/7 season. We were 5 points off relegation at the end of the season and he won us 6 points in those games. Distin got one at Boro as well so it's perhaps a little hyperbolic but there's certainly more than a grain of truth there.

Came across the name of DeMarcus Beasley when looking through some games from that period.

Ah DeMarcus...scored a couple of goals for us too. I remember one being the only goal at West Ham in what was a big win for us at that time. He still plays over here in the MLS and is actually the starting LB for the US National team.

Here's another couple of forgotten names: Djamel Belmadi and Simon Colosimo. Signed by Keegan I think but barely ever played.

Alfons Groendyk or Kare Ingebritsen. I remember us playing Leicester in the cup and the latter hitting a hatrick along with a Kernaghan 'worldy'

Martin "Buster" Phillips - bet he wishes he was that first 10 million pound player, probably ended up as a baker in Greggs!!!

Michael Tarnat and his left foot. Dietmar Hamann. Paul Bosvelt. Andre Kanchelskis (I had to look that one up to make sure I didn't misremember it).

Who was that defender that Keegan brought in around the same time as David Sommeil? From Cameroon, I think.
Lucien Mettomo?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.