Formation??

751144_Manchester_City.jpg

751797_Manchester_City.jpg

I'm not sure how Navas will fit in the starting line-up... Maybe Milner will get more starting games than him and Navas will be used as a super sub to take advantage of his pace in the last 30 mn of games as we see it with Spain.

Pinturicchio said:
I'm not sure how Navas will fit in the starting line-up... Maybe Milner will get more starting games than him and Navas will be used as a super sub to take advantage of his pace in the last 30 mn of games as we see it with Spain.

I hope so based completely on my man love for Milner. In fairness what Milner lacks in raw pace he makes up for in his ability to just keep moving all game which is tiring in it's own way, if you watch back any of his matches you can see his constant movement and shifting speed throughout a match and bringing on a player like Navas after 60 minutes of that sounds like a brilliant combination.

...............................Hart....................
Richards..................Kompany..........Pepe..................Clicy

Navas....................Yaya...............Fernandinho...........Silva

....................................Aguero...............................
....................................Gomez................................

Full Bench (minus youth players): Goalkeeper, Nastasic, Lescott, Zabaleta, Nagatomo, Rodwell, Barry, Milner, Di Maria, Nasri, Dzeko.

Blueband Brother said:

Full Bench (minus youth players): Goalkeeper, Nastasic, Lescott, Zabaleta, Nagatomo, Rodwell, Barry, Milner, Di Maria, Nasri, Dzeko.
If we sign Di Maria, he won't be on the bench

kun said:
Blueband Brother said:

If we sign Di Maria, he won't be on the bench

He wont be on the bench for the whole season that's for sure. Neither will most of the players on the bench. Rotation.

With no Isco and Tevez gone, our A team should be something like:
751968_Manchester_City.jpg

Pablo/Micah, Nastasic/Lescott, Fernardinho/Rodwell, Silva/Nasri, Jesus/Milner, Yaya/Milner, Dzeko/Cavani (if he comes)

Or alternatively:

751980_Manchester_City.jpg

But this midfield would be bullied all-day, with Nasri's pussyish attitude from time to time...

Formation is one thing but the roles will be more important.

I mean Yaya will have to stop the walking and not running back when he doesnt want. Can see some problems there...

Also keep running and working for the team even if you are a creative attacking player like Silva, Nasri...

Read that in Pellegrini's Villarreal how important and big discipline was needed that central midfielders always moving out to the sides when the fullback went ahead for attacks.

We need to be lot more disciplined as a team because in CL they punish every small mistakes like this even Ajax showed it...

As formation I hope it is a two striker one, with one closer to the box arriving for crosses and the other (Agüero) in a little bit of a free role around the box, little bit more space for using his pace...

My big hope is pace, that we will play with pace, we turn from defence to attack very fast (like Dortmund), and Hart not keeping the ball slowing down everything then makes a horrible kick back to the opponent but when he saves he makes a good throw for a running player and we make a nice and fast counter with players like Navas, Agüero, Yaya bursting forward. That would rip PL teams apart and thats what we didnt do at all last season most of the matches.

Pellegrini said we wont sit back after scoring a goal, thats good, as most of the time it is punished when we sit back (as we rarely countered even if opponent started to attack.)

oppa gangnam style said:
Formation is one thing but the roles will be more important.

I mean Yaya will have to stop the walking and not running back when he doesnt want. Can see some problems there...

Also keep running and working for the team even if you are a creative attacking player like Silva, Nasri...

Read that in Pellegrini's Villarreal how important and big discipline was needed that central midfielders always moving out to the sides when the fullback went ahead for attacks.

We need to be lot more disciplined as a team because in CL they punish every small mistakes like this even Ajax showed it...

As formation I hope it is a two striker one, with one closer to the box arriving for crosses and the other (Agüero) in a little bit of a free role around the box, little bit more space for using his pace...

My big hope is pace, that we will play with pace, we turn from defence to attack very fast (like Dortmund), and Hart not keeping the ball slowing down everything then makes a horrible kick back to the opponent but when he saves he makes a good throw for a running player and we make a nice and fast counter with players like Navas, Agüero, Yaya bursting forward. That would rip PL teams apart and thats what we didnt do at all last season most of the matches.

Pellegrini said we wont sit back after scoring a goal, thats good, as most of the time it is punished when we sit back (as we rarely countered even if opponent started to attack.)

I think you bring up a good point about Hart's throwing, it's much more accurate and should be used a lot more often

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.