Former youth team player John Clarke from Ireland

01282 said:
I'm certain John clarke went to huddersfield after city. He may have even made the bench against us. Steve Mills sadly passed away who was the right back.

Didn't know about Steve Mills passing away, first time i saw him play was for England youth when they use to show the game on ITV remember wanting him to play well because he was on City's book.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
01282 said:
I'm certain John clarke went to huddersfield after city. He may have even made the bench against us. Steve Mills sadly passed away who was the right back.

I've been in contact with Steve Mills, definitely by email, not by a ouija board!

Sorry but I thought I'd read it in Lakey's book but must have dreamt it!!!

philiph20 said:
It was John Bookbinder who died, his Sister is Susan of BBC radio fame.

I think the staring eleven pretty much picked itself then it was between Steve McCauley, John Bookbinder and John Clarke for a place on the bench.

I'm sad to say i missed this game but i did attend the 1979-80 one vs Villa which we sadly lost.

1979/80: Aston Villa v. Manchester City (3-1, 0-1)
Aston Villa
No. Position Player Stats
GK Mark Kendall
DF Noel Blake
DF Duncan Heath
DF Mark Jones
DF David Mail
DF Andy Taylor
MF Paul Birch
MF Robert Hopkins
MF Mark Hutchinson
MF Ray Walker
MF Mark Walters
FW Trevor Ames
FW Tony Rees
Manchester City
No. Position Player Stats
GK Alex Williams
DF Andy May
DF Dick Cunningham
DF Gary Bennett
DF Tommy Caton
MF Ross McGinn
MF Keith Parkinson
MF Steve MacKenzie
MF Gary Bees
FW Steve Kinsey
FW Clive Wilson

01282 said:
philiph20 said:
It was John Bookbinder who died, his Sister is Susan of BBC radio fame.

I think the staring eleven pretty much picked itself then it was between Steve McCauley, John Bookbinder and John Clarke for a place on the bench.

Yes, Clarke was on the bench for the first 6 games, then Macauley the next 2 (second semi and 1st final) and then Bookbinder the 2nd leg final.

Oh well, there's the book written now! lol

Pigeonho said:
Was Sarah real? I hope she was, but you can't help wonder on here if it was one of of the sad, multi-name posters who claim to be tropical beauties etc.

Just spoke to John Clarke on the phone!
He's legit!
The power of BlueMoon.

He was talking to a friend who was with his young footy mad lad. His friend told his lad that John used to play for City.
His lad then googles him and all he could find on him was this thread in BlueMoon saying someone was looking for him!

2ekur07.jpg

Draken said:

That will be the back page of the book :)
Thanks for the bump ;)

Left to right (back row)
Tony Book, John Clarke, Andy Hinchcliffe, Steve redmond, Steve Crompton, Paul Lake, David White, Ian Brightwell, Steve Macauley, Glyn Pardoe

(Front row) David Boyd, Andy Thackeray, John Bookbinder, Paul Moulden, Ian Scott, Steve Mills.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.