forum history

when did bluemoon become a popular forum? i was in another forum that, i think, ceased to be. I then sought out a new forum and joined this one, unsure of its merits. More than happy with bluemoon too i might say. but i still see profiles that appear new to me only to see that they joined in 1066 is some long ago time.
By all accounts it was a Scot who fired the fatal arrow. His name was McGreggor, before the battle, the troops were lined up and Harold was inspecting the line. The first guy he came to was a big bastard with a spear, Whats your name and where do you come from. Evans sir,Welshman and I can throw this spear for miles. Lets see it. Big Evans points out a branch on a distant tree, draws the spear back and throws it, it sails through the air, and takes the branch clean off. Great work Evans. Keep it up. He then comes across the bold McGreggor, he's swaying back and forward and clearly pissed. Name and where are you from, McGreggor Sire, Scotland, and Im an archer. Lets see what you can do. Nae bother Sire. See that branch on the tree, watch this. McGreggor draws the arrow, shoogles a bit then lets it go, it careers off to the left nowhere near the tree. Yes, very good McGreggor. As Harold walks away, he says to his officer, Keep a watch on that McGreggor, he will have some cunts eye out.

No, i agree and its an honest assessment. I guess at the time and I can't remember I joined for a reason. Don't know why, don't know what was going on with the club or my life but I joined with the intention of getting involved. I lurked, as you do. Getting a feel for the place, learning the rules and etiquette, nervous at getting shouted down. Nervous! I was mid 30s in 2008 and nervous about posting on a forum! But any how, for one reason or another, I never took the step to being an active poster. Many times, I've read things and wanted to post in anger but never did. My first couple of posts, I remember being the last post on the thread! Seemed I had a knack for killing threads which didn't help. Then I'd post, get a response and then by the time I came back on it was days later and it seemed ignorant so I stopped and became a lurker. Now, things in my life have changed. Kids are older, I more settled and have more time. I realise that I spend a lot of time on here and I'd miss the place. You lot don't know me but i feel like I know you, in a weird way that a hunter stalks its prey! And if everyone just lurked and didn't post, what a sad, lonely place this would be. So, I've decided for better or worse to contribute more. Sorry, long winded answer but if you don't want an answer, don't ask a question!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.