Forum running slowly tonight

Hehe thanks i try me best,

Yes it depends on a multitude of things, it seems we are running a microsoft server and not linux which generally is accepted as being better along with an asp engine and of course a php frontend.

Our php doesnt seem that heavily modified so id assume its how we have the database settup along with the hardware we have to run it.

As i mentioned alsewhere i am happy to donate some of the hardware i have to help which would sort us out no problem even if we got hammered to hell with requests (high user traffic). I have win and linux boxes so operating system is not really an issue, it all rests with the site admins skill sets really bud and what he is happy working with.

As i dont have axx to the servers i cant see what the logs say which i assume are going effing nuts atm haha.

tl;dr im willing to help any which way i can.

Edit: Just saw rics post, so disregard most of what i said hehe, still the offer is their if needed :)

Ric said:
Apologies for the slow performance tonight, but obviously we can't legislate for major breaking news such as Tevez's statement.

You'll have noticed that generally the performance is much improved recently, and it won't be an issue on match days in future as we can upgrade our capacity accordingly. The difference is that we know when games are going to happen, but obviously we don't know when our captain is going to hand in (another) transfer request.

Ironically Damocles suggested increasing the capacity today for the announcement of the Clichy signing, but I didn't think we'd get a huge spike in traffic just because everyone knew he was going to sign, which we didn't. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it's harder to plan for unforeseen events.

For the record, sites such as RAWK and Red Cafe also suffer problems during big spikes in traffic, so it's not a problem unique to Bluemoon. As mentioned in the past, a donation service will not fix the issue and isn't something we want to do regardless.

Anyway, everything seems to be running fine again now as I've increased the capacity, apologies again for the downtime.

no worries big man.

it's understandable :D

I wasn't having a dig Ric. Believe me; you would know if I was!!

;-)

It's just incredibly frustrating when you're trying to post something and by the time you've succeeded, you're a candidate for a Titanic picture! Couldn't even get past the login page for a period tonight. Every time I clicked on ''Log In'' I just kept getting re-directed (eventually) back to the log in page. Will this happen every time we're ''news'', away from match days?

Im sure it won't happen Jim as Ric implied (well what i read into it) resources is not much of a problem, he just needed to allow more resources for the sites needs.

I think between the guys here who have the resources to keep the site at 100 percent the site will be fine. Like you my innitial thought was also lack of resources and not a moan just wondered what the situation was :)

jimharri said:
I wasn't having a dig Ric. Believe me; you would know if I was!!

;-)

It's just incredibly frustrating when you're trying to post something and by the time you've succeeded, you're a candidate for a Titanic picture! Couldn't even get past the login page for a period tonight. Every time I clicked on ''Log In'' I just kept getting re-directed (eventually) back to the log in page. Will this happen every time we're ''news'', away from match days?

If we launch an unexpended bit and sign Messi, then it would be like that for a few months. :)

Ric, do you get paid for guest clicks on the adds?

If not, can't we just sod the guests off? ;-) I know it has said this cannot be done over a year ago when asked, but I am also sure that guest access was temporarily stopped when the forum had another issue some months ago.

mancmackem said:
Ric, do you get paid for guest clicks on the adds?

If not, can't we just sod the guests off? ;-) I know it has said this cannot be done over a year ago when asked, but I am also sure that guest access was temporarily stopped when the forum had another issue some months ago.

Banning guests is only ever done as a temporary measure to alleviate server problem at exceptionally busy times, but it's not something we want to do permanently.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
is it cost as to why you don't run increased capacity all the time?

or would the site struggle under the strain of having the extra load or summit technical?
Exactly what I was about to post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.