Fox Hunting.....

OK Sonny, it's quite apparent that you have never been near a hunt and only know what you do from social media etc, which of course as we all know, is accurate and perfectly true.

You have a very emotional, ill-informed vision of a gang of riders screaming hysterically and frothing at the mouth with excitement while watching a fox ripped to shreds, Blood and guts strewn all around.

For your sake, let's analyze this fox hunting malarkey a little, but in a simplistic form.

On the morning the hunting people all meet and have a chat and generally socialize before setting off. Much like you would on match day in the pub.

The hounds are sent to a particular place, perhaps an area of woodland where the huntsman believes a fox might be. They search this area, it's called a 'draw'. Nothing is found, so they move to another area and do the same. This continues until the hounds pick up the scent of a fox and give chase.

The fox is a smart character and leads the hounds in various directions in an effort to lose them. Through hedges, over streams, backtracking, all over the place and is actually very interesting to watch. You would expect the fox to be in a panic and just run, but they don't, they use the land just as much as they do agility and speed. Sometimes it's successful in getting away, sometimes it's not. (I won't go into blocking dens, because I've never agreed with it).

While this chase is going on and the fox with the hounds in pursuit are racing from field to field, where do you think the jolly old peeps on horseback are?
They are having a blast racing across the farmers field and jumping any hedges that are not too high....or not barbed wire.

If the fox is eventually caught by the hounds, where do you think your toffs are? Miles behind, having a grand old time of it.

What do you think happens, the hounds get to the fox and he turns around and says,
"Fair cop Guv, you got me."

"Can we just 'ang on for a few minutes until the 'orsey folk catch up please. I'd 'ate to go to all the trouble of being savagely ripped apart with only you couple o' folk watching. 'ardly seems worth it mate".

What most are not doing, is being there to witness the kill.

Galloping across farmers fields, jumping his hedges and the socializing is what many, if not most, are there for.

If you ask the question, "How did you get on today?"

The response would be something like, "We caught a dog fox".

What's this "We".........they only know because most often somebody told them!!!
Christ, all that waffle just to dispute one tiny point regarding whether the hunters actually see and hear the fox getting ripped to pieces after being chased to exhaustion.

The fact still stands that anyone taking part in a hunt is clearly a sub-human sociopath not capable of having normal feelings of compassion and empathy.

OK Sonny, it's quite apparent that you have never been near a hunt and only know what you do from social media etc, which of course as we all know, is accurate and perfectly true.

You have a very emotional, ill-informed vision of a gang of riders screaming hysterically and frothing at the mouth with excitement while watching a fox ripped to shreds, Blood and guts strewn all around.

For your sake, let's analyze this fox hunting malarkey a little, but in a simplistic form.

On the morning the hunting people all meet and have a chat and generally socialize before setting off. Much like you would on match day in the pub.

The hounds are sent to a particular place, perhaps an area of woodland where the huntsman believes a fox might be. They search this area, it's called a 'draw'. Nothing is found, so they move to another area and do the same. This continues until the hounds pick up the scent of a fox and give chase.

The fox is a smart character and leads the hounds in various directions in an effort to lose them. Through hedges, over streams, backtracking, all over the place and is actually very interesting to watch. You would expect the fox to be in a panic and just run, but they don't, they use the land just as much as they do agility and speed. Sometimes it's successful in getting away, sometimes it's not. (I won't go into blocking dens, because I've never agreed with it).

While this chase is going on and the fox with the hounds in pursuit are racing from field to field, where do you think the jolly old peeps on horseback are?
They are having a blast racing across the farmers field and jumping any hedges that are not too high....or not barbed wire.

If the fox is eventually caught by the hounds, where do you think your toffs are? Miles behind, having a grand old time of it.

What do you think happens, the hounds get to the fox and he turns around and says,

"Can we just 'ang on for a few minutes until the 'orsey folk catch up please. I'd 'ate to go to all the trouble of being savagely ripped apart with only you couple o' folk watching. 'ardly seems worth it mate".

Galloping across farmers fields, jumping his hedges and the socializing is what many, if not most, are there for.

What's this "We".........they only know because most often somebody told them!!!
Nah, still a totally cowardly pastime. So you're making out the fox enjoys it, totally pathetic assumption and one you expect from a hunt supporter

I imagine all the fox hunt supporters condone other acts of animal abuse as well, dog fighting, badger baiting etc, these sick cnuts will be in to it all

To use a well known expression, ' that's horseshit'
So most of these good folk are out just to gallop over hedges, race across fields and generally socialize. The question being then, can you not do that without the blood-lust. Do people who go hiking across the same fields need to go chasing animals to enrich their social pastime?
You also make it sound like a game as if the fox being a wily old creature loves the chase and when he's caught its like ' ok lads that was good Craic, see you again next week'.
So most don't witness the kill, which means some do. So do these come back sobbing their hearts out saying they witnessed something terrible? Bollox to that, they're back in the saddle next time and making those who were too far back jealous with their stories of bloodlust
No I've never witnessed a hunt, neither had I seen jimmy saville at home, but I know what's morally wrong and what's right

I imagine their innate sense of snobbery will mean that many of them will look down their nose at such activities, without any justification whatsoever.
I understand what you're saying mate, I should've said the thugs on the quad bikes who you see at these hunts will support and probably partake in sick animal abuse. The toffs on horseback will turn a blind eye to it all

So what you're saying is that there'd be very little difference for the majority of them if it was just a fun day out horse riding? And yet for some reason, just doing that doesn't seem to be an option. There has to be an element of animal cruelty involved for it to be worth their time, apparently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.