Foxhunters - a protected ethnic minority?

bluethrunthru

Given the way most of these people tend to vote its surprising they want to resort to things like the Equality Act - something they would like to see disbanded - to help them win. Personally I think they have zero chances of success

“We see it as a really important part of wildlife management … We’re actually doing people a service. We’re picking up the foxes or the hares or the deer or the rabbits that are either old, they’ve got no teeth, they can die of starvation, or they’ve got the disease, or they’re just not adapted to outperforming a dog in that chase. So we’re happy with that natural selectivity.”

I'd have a teeny bit more respect for these people if they just admitted they enjoyed it tbh. Because when they make up excuses like this, it sounds like they know they're trying to defend the indefensible.

If it does transpire that fox hunters meet the legal definition of being a protected group then the law needs redrafting asap. We already have transphobes wreaking havoc (particularly in the civil service) under this guise and these laws and designations are losing their power to protect groups they were originally meant to protect (i.e. groups who are actually being oppressed)

I hate toff activities like fox hunting but to be fair to them I think the idea that it is cruel is a stretch when most of us would stamp the fuck out of a mouse if there was one in the house. Mouse, rabbit, fox - not much difference really.

People love their animals but munch away daily on cow, sheep, chickens, etc without a problem.

And fuck "the animal rights extremist movement" - they are as bad as the toffs. Probably most are runaway toffs anyway.

God, the season can't come soon enough. :-)

I hate toff activities like fox hunting but to be fair to them I think the idea that it is cruel is a stretch when most of use would stamp the fuck out of a mouse if there was one in the house. Mouse, rabit, fox - not much difference really.

People love there animals but much away on cow, sheep, chickens, etc without a problem.

And fuck "the animal rights extremist movement" - they are as bad as the toffs. Probably most are runaway toffs anyway.

God, the season can't come soon enough. :-)

Im pretty sure most of us wouldn't

Im pretty sure most of us wouldn't
I'd feel guilty about it but I would anyway. I try to save spiders and even flies if I can by helping them out of the house. But if anything looks like it's fast then it's me or them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.