Francis Lee RIP

I don't mind watching that goal and his celebration. One of the City immortal ultra legends. So so sad.
Nor do I, but it's not appropriate in his obituary for me.

He's probably the reason I'm a blue, my mum worshipped him, and she made me a blue (Dad had no interest in football).

My favorite Franny goal was a wonder strike at West Ham when he hit a hook volley from 25 yards out straight into the top corner in a cracking 3-2 win in 1967-68. I've never seen any footage of it because it wasn't on shown on TV that weekend. A real shame.

RIP Franny and thanks for the memories.

To be fair to the BBC (I know, not words you type often) that goal, together with the commentary, is a truly iconic moment
It’s easily his most famous goal.

The league title winner for City in 1968 was only shown on tele in the North East region on very grainy footage. Most of the country would never have seen it.

And the European Cup Winners Cup winning penalty in 1970 wasn’t shown because the Leeds v Chelsea FA Cup final replay was shown instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad news… a genuine legend. Thanks for everything Franny and RIP. Condolences to all his loved ones.

IMG-20231002-WA0066.jpg
Manchester City versus Leeds United. Francis Lee blasts the ball past Sprake, who goes the wrong way, to score City's only goal from the penalty spot. November 1969IMG-20231002-WA0068.jpgIMG-20231002-WA0065.jpgIMG-20231002-WA0067.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.