Francis Lee RIP

RIP Franny, fantastic player and servant to the club. Colin will be welcoming him up there.

A true legend and one of my heroes when I first started following city. So underrated when people speak about 70s stars in football he was a naturally gifted ferocious player who could battle when needed or add that special bit of class too.

I know the timing is wrong and it’s probably too late rather than too early to talk about naming stands after him. It is a honour to have him Associated with our magnificent club and I feel we should give him the same respect as Colin Bell

For the guys who were at the “just look at his face” game, what was the reaction of the city fans when he scored?
I was still gutted he wasn't playing for us. Franny was the reason I support City. He's from my neck of the woods, Westhoughton. We'd watched him grow at Bolton & then onto the Blues. It seemed inevitable that he'd leave somehow. Things seem to change when Big Mal left, Swailes famously said " there's to much showbiz about City", this is the guy who had a spot on local tv picking racehorses!, Swailes' Certs I think it was called. Anyhow the club appointed Ron Saunders as Manager, a good man but the complete opposite to Mal. We lost at Wembley to Wolves and it seemed Saunders didn't have the players with him & he was duly sacked to be replaced by Tony Book, someone else who Franny didn't get along with. So he eventually left, '75 season I think, went to Derby & won the league.

A true legend and one of my heroes when I first started following city. So underrated when people speak about 70s stars in football he was a naturally gifted ferocious player who could battle when needed or add that special bit of class too.

I know the timing is wrong and it’s probably too late rather than too early to talk about naming stands after him. It is a honour to have him Associated with our magnificent club and I feel we should give him the same respect as Colin Bell
Call the East stand after Franny as Pep is earmarked for the North Stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.