Francis Lee RIP

The Bell Lee Summerbee statue has been commissioned, pity only Mike will get to see it...
The statue is a great tribute but it permanently irks me that the man who scored two goals to win the league against Newcastle, scored the winning goal in the FA Cup final, and then scored the opening goal in the Cup Winners Cup final, has seemingly been forgotten by the club for his role during our second most successful period as a club.

The statue is a great tribute but it permanently irks me that the man who scored the winning goal in the FA Cup final and the opening goal in the Cup Winners Cup final has been forgotten by the club for his role in that front line.
My Dad always tells me that Neil young should be held in the same regard as the other three.

One of the things that came across well at the cathedral today from Jonny’s eulogy was his dad’s sense of humour. Jonny revealed how Franny often told interviewers fake facts like how he could play the piano to classical concert standard and some of these jokes have made it into obituaries. Brilliant.I may need to review my own writing and see if I can spot any Franny windups!

My Dad always tells me that Neil young should be held in the same regard as the other three.
He absolutely should. So should record appearance holder Alan Oakes which is why I’d love to see a Hollywood Stars style walkway around the stadium so that every legendary figure can be remembered.

Yep. There can only be so many statues and stands named after players but with a walkway every legendary player can be remembered from Jimmy Ross and Billy Meredith to Kevin De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva.
Maybe even a walkway of shame alongside the urinals in the toilets with stars of the likes of Ged Brannan, Sammy McIlroy, Wilfred Bony etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.