Francis Lee RIP

Although Franny left the club in acrimonious circumstances and went to play for Derby , City was his club , he came back on his white charger to save the club as chairman but he employed Alan Ball and that cocked that up.
His heart was in the right place as for as City is concerned and he will be remembered as a true legend of the club , hopefully there will be a Bell,Lee,Summerbee statue outside the ground one day , it would be a fitting tribute to the 67/68 team.
Was lucky enough to watch the team from 1966 onwards and Franny Lee was one of those players worth the admission price on his own , i so looked forward to match days as a young lad in the late 60's & early 70's we had a brilliant football team
Hope we can all give Franny a send off befitting not just a great player but a great man , no doubt Manchester cathedral with be rammed and the home game against Brighton our opportunity to pay homage to Franny , condolensces to his friends and family , R-I-P to a true blue icon.
The Bell Lee Summerbee statue has been commissioned, pity only Mike will get to see it...

Franny Lee was a Blue through and through. I bet he even bled Blue blood! (City Blue not ‘aristocratic’)
I can’t be there today but he is in my thoughts. Give him a great send off BlueMooners who can make it. RIP Francis Lee

watched city regular since 1965 , Franny joined 1967 to play with Bell Summerbee &Young
Like joe said the final piece of the jigsaw , trophies followed and international caps
Franny lit up Wembley playing for England and should have gone on to a World Cup final in Mexico in 1970
Sad to lose him and unfortunately can’t be there in Manchester today
I hopefully will shed a tear on Saturday v Brighton
RIP Francis Henry Lee

319b5c1ca7363d605f0d36c922533697.jpg

I was chuffed with both coppell and clarke. Both had done very well at palace and forest respectively.
Clarke had taken forest to third place and europe.

I always think the one that got away from us at that time was dave bassett. And yeah frannys start wasnt great hiring alan ball. Specially seen as though we thought we were getting beckenbaur
Thank fuck Bassett did

Just on my way home from the cathedral and what a brilliant service and tribute to a great footballer but also a fantastic human being.
RIP Franny
It was a good service and the tributes from Franny’s son Jonny and from Will Perry were particularly appropriate and wonderful. Although it’s sad whenever a death occurs a funeral like this one helps the grieving process and it’s wonderful to hear the stories of those closest to him. My thoughts are with his family and close friends.

I particularly liked Will’s story of the day Franny & Mike Summerbee mocked up a car crash to worry Joe Mercer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.