Francis Lee RIP

Well my first car was a blue Datson 100A. Put grey furry seats in it and a stripe down the middle to make it look sporty. Sounded like a hairdryer!
They were cool, especially the orange one's

They liked to rot as well?

Well my first car was a blue Datson 100A. Put grey furry seats in it and a stripe down the middle to make it look sporty. Sounded like a hairdryer!

My first was a blue (of course) Datsun Cherry. Put goatskin on the seats. Sexy as fuck, but stunk like dead goats, not surprisingly, in the sun .....

God knows why I did that now I think about it. Seemed a good idea at the time.

So Ford loaned the players a car (in England) for the duration of the world cup - when the players were in Mexico! That makes sense!

Great condition it's been kept in.
They were allowed it for a year (I think) then could either give it back or buy it at a reduced price, Franny bought his for his missus via his business. The reg plates were numbered in sequence from 1 to 22, Bobby Moore was #1, Franny #2 and some of the other players got theirs based on their usual shirt number.

The story was in the MEN a few days ago with more details.

I used to see Brian Kidd driving his England car in Alkrington a lot when I was going out with a girl from there in 1970.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.