Francis Lee RIP

Well my first car was a blue Datson 100A. Put grey furry seats in it and a stripe down the middle to make it look sporty. Sounded like a hairdryer!

They were cool, especially the orange one's

They liked to rot as well?

My first was a blue (of course) Datsun Cherry. Put goatskin on the seats. Sexy as fuck, but stunk like dead goats, not surprisingly, in the sun .....

God knows why I did that now I think about it. Seemed a good idea at the time.
My first was a Datsun 120y...metallic blue and I absolutely loved it. Coupe. It made me feel like Sterling Moss but I was only 17.

My first car was a 1961 Ford Anglia. It was on its last legs but it went really well until it broke down. Four of us used to travel to all away matches. On a trip to Newcastle it died near Durham. We had to cadge a lift on a supporters bus to the match and back Durham afterwards. We stayed in a motel overnight while the car was being fixed.

It died again somewhere near Hinckley coming back from a London match. That time it was terminal. I then bought a second hand Fiat 500. It had a two cylinder air cooled engine at the rear. It was fine for tootling around town but struggled on long trips at full speed (60 mph) and vibrated like hell. The car got us to most away matches including the Newcastle match in 1968.

I was using the same car for work involving long work trips. I bought it before the change of job which entail a lot of work travel. After a few months I made enough money on mileage allowances to buy a newer and bigger car. I was making money hand over fist using the Fiat which was very frugal with fuel. At the time my mileage allowances exceeded by salary!

I used this to buy a nearly new MGC-GT, three litre sports car which I had for 12 years. I didn’t use it that much to travel to away matches as it was heavy on fuel.

The car certainly saw me through the Francis Lee era at City.

The beauty of these cars was the ease of repair lol. My first car, no laughing was a morris mariner ! I changed to gearbox in our driveway I wouldn't dream of doing that to today's cars !
My second car (crashed the first ) was a Vauxhall Cresta ,3 gear column shift, bench front seat,cost me £180, around about 1964. There was almost enough space to stand next to the engine block when changing the plugs and points,which was a common Sunday morning routine for most blokes.
Only opened the bonnet of the car I have now (which took me a while to work out) to put screen was in. Haven't a clue what all the other wonders in there are doing .

My second car (crashed the first ) was a Vauxhall Cresta ,3 gear column shift, bench front seat,cost me £180, around about 1964. There was almost enough space to stand next to the engine block when changing the plugs and points,which was a common Sunday morning routine for most blokes.
Only opened the bonnet of the car I have now (which took me a while to work out) to put screen was in. Haven't a clue what all the other wonders in there are doing .

My spitfire was great to work on you could sit on the wheel and work for hours lol

1.6 gold capri
Subsequently I found out it was two cars welded together!!!
And guess which city it was bought from !!!! Never again ! Dippers :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.